$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm coming around to thinking that we've already been sold now. Doubt keane would arrive if he thought he could be surplus to requirements anytime soon. I'd also doubt he'd work under Lambert, not out of lack of respect or anything just doesn't seem correct. So wouldn't be surprised if he'll work under a more experienced manager come the start of the season.

Doubt keane would arrive if he thought he could be surplus to requirements anytime soon

He's being allowed to keep his Ireland job, though. That suggests to me that he's NOT being viewed as long term

• Like 1

I'm coming around to thinking that we've already been sold now. Doubt keane would arrive if he thought he could be surplus to requirements anytime soon. I'd also doubt he'd work under Lambert, not out of lack of respect or anything just doesn't seem correct. So wouldn't be surprised if he'll work under a more experienced manager come the start of the season.

For me I read this as a takeoever isn't close as we think. Lambert and Keane are friends, so no doubt Lambert has asked him to help for the short term, if he's kept on he is, if not he goes back to Ireland role. If he had quit his Ireland role I'd think there was more to it, but because he hasn't I think it's Lambert's choice.

• Like 3

I don't think Keane would just quit his ITV work just for the sake of doing his friend a favour even if he didn't have his TV job I don't think he'd come here as a coach just to help out.

The guy who spotted Keane has put on twitter that it may very well have been his agent.  He doesn't know. 

Doesn't Keane just have the guy who acts as his solicitor, was the same guy as DO'L.

In all likelihood if we are bought this summer Lambert will keep his job for the next season anyway. Then they can take their time in getting the right manager in to replace him next summer or whenever a better opportunity arises. 

I think Keane taking the assistant manager job makes sense for Keanes career. He gets more experience coaching day to day and keeps his Ireland role too during the time when there is no tournament in the next year. 

• Like 1

I don't think Keane would just quit his ITV work just for the sake of doing his friend a favour even if he didn't have his TV job I don't think he'd come here as a coach just to help out.

He's not quit his ITV job, he's quit it for the World Cup, they may call him back for Champions League.

• Like 1

Update : Deal still on course for middle to end of the world cup. Price is a sticking point. Looks like will have to reduce his asking price to get a sale.

Do you know who the potential new owner is?

He's not quit his ITV job, he's quit it for the World Cup, they may call him back for Champions League.

Yes but as I say I don't think he would come to Villa just as a favour to Lambert despite being his friend. I think that he has some sort of assurance that he's going to be here for a while.

Update : Deal still on course for middle to end of the world cup. Price is a sticking point. Looks like will have to reduce his asking price to get a sale.

Do you know who the potential new owner is?

Nope, sorry. I am guessing it is either Gores or Rich as they have not been dismissed whereas others have.

In all likelihood if we are bought this summer Lambert will keep his job for the next season anyway. Then they can take their time in getting the right manager in to replace him next summer or whenever a better opportunity arises. 

I think Keane taking the assistant manager job makes sense for Keanes career. He gets more experience coaching day to day and keeps his Ireland role too during the time when there is no tournament in the next year. 

That's a big risk leaving Lambert in charge. He may relegate us? If the new owner is in by the end of the world cup that's enough time to get in new manager and for him to make some buys. However if there is no new owner and Keane is just getting some experience as an assistant I think it will end badly!

The guy who spotted Keane has put on twitter that it may very well have been his agent.  He doesn't know. 

Doesn't Keane just have the guy who acts as his solicitor, was the same guy as DO'L.

Michael Kennedy is his name. He's a solicitor who acts as Keane's agent

The more I think about Keane's appointment the more I think new owners are involved.

We'll find out in next couple of weeks. If there are new owners I can't imagine Keane keeping his mouth shut at his appointment?

K said from the beginning that the price was an issue and RL had to drop his price.

Well what he said was we were in the process of being sold for less than the £200M quoted. We aren't being sold and RL is only just now dropping his price. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

So maybe the talk of a deal falling through just pertains to a 'difference in valuation' and with Lerner desperate to sell - that deal is being renegotiated?

It points to the fact there must be a layer of confidence in the deal and the buyer has a close relationship with Lerner in order to allow decisions like possibly appointing Keane to happen by proxy.

Edited by VillanousOne

It seems Khaled Al-Baltan has stood down at Al Shabab FC. They have a new chairman in charge there (Wiki).

Khalid bin Sa'ad apparently

Yes. Looks like Al Baltan is serious about buying a European club.

Edited by GENTLEMAN