$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If I had millions in the bank, and thought that resigning would save (some of) my reputation which could lead to a decent job sooner, then yes I'd walk.

Still, considering it appears that he's done exactly what Lerner has asked of him I would have thought that a golden handshake would be agreed regardless of what the official line was.

I'd respect him a lot more if he did quit.

I do hate this wait for the compo mentally!!

Would you walk away from millions of pounds?

Stupid thing to have a go at him about.

I can only think what I would do in my current situation where I don't earn millions and I would like to think that if I were in a situation where I had not performed to the best of my abilities that I would fall on my sword and leave a job. If I had being earning millions for a few years I would look at the compo in a different light I would like to think!

You'd walk away from your job forsaking any money? I don't believe that for a second. 

You don't know me so don't judge me by your own standards, thank you!

Well in the real world away from football management if you are shite at your job and not performing a company will go down a disciplinary procedure and have you out without paying any compo and most people are only ever entitled to 4 weeks pay, for most that's not in the millions.

If you've signed a fixed term contract then you'd be entitled to have it paid out, if the company decides to get rid of you.

Also if Lambert, as is widely believed, was told to get rid of the high earners while maintaining our Premier League status then he has done the job asked of him. If that is the case then why should he walk?

• Like 4

Here's my take- The club was to be sold upon securing Premier League status. So people have been putting pen to paper all week, and I believe those people to be a consortium fronted by Philip Anschutz. The more I think about Klinsmann, the more I think it could be possible. The USA team is a headache with no quick fix, and not even a medium-term fix. He could be getting frustrated. Anschutz will be well aware of him, and I'm sure they've met. 

So there ya go folks, my expert opinion. Anschutz with Klinsmann as manager. 

• Like 1

it really is ridiculous to expect any professional to walk away from a legally binding contract without being paid what (s)he is owed.

As GOPW states, Lambert has achieved what he was tasked with. he has committed himself to 3 years at the club-How would you all feel if he'd got us into the top 6, got offered the United job & promptly told us to do one? It works both ways.

Everyone accepts that in football, changes usually accompany new ideas & new visions. PL will accept that any new owner may want to go in a different direction, with his own people (much like PL has with the playing staff).

The Lambert era hasn't been a success but without it, the club would not be in a position where it is a viable and attractive proposition to prospective buyers.

• Like 1

Latest from MM on TBAR. Personally don't think it's the real one, but just passing it on.

by MYSTERYMAN Today at 6:45 am

PA will be announced as the new owner on Monday.
The JK rumours are just that & from what I'm being led to believe
Lambert will leave next week but a replacement will not be announced until a few weeks later.

I have also been informed that there is a " suprise" announcement to go along with this ? The truth is I have no idea and nor anyone else does just to expect the unexpected ?

Finally Mark Albrighton has agreed a new three year deal but this will not be announced yet.

Link

• Like 1

Latest from MM on TBAR. Personally don't think it's the real one, but just passing it on.

Lambert will leave next week but a replacement will not be announced until a few weeks later.

I have also been informed that there is a " suprise" announcement to go along with this ? The truth is I have no idea and nor anyone else does just to expect the unexpected ?

Finally Mark Albrighton has agreed a new three year deal but this will not be announced yet.

Link

Dream ticket for me. But I have my doubts.

I reckon Randy will put the takeover talk to bed on monday. But would expect a new manager to be appointed early/mid june.

Link

I reckon Randy will put the takeover talk to bed on monday. But would expect a new manager to be appointed early/mid june.

What doubts do you have?

Link

What doubts do you have?

I don't think the takeover is happening - we would have more credible links by now - IMO 

Would you walk away from millions of pounds?

Stupid thing to have a go at him about.

I wouldn't take it out on a single manager, but the culture of rewarding failure is unhealthy.

I agree, but with it being the way it is, who would walk away from that sort of money?

All ITK'S are bullshitters. My opinion. The only way people would know is if they are in the hierarchy of the club, and if they were, why the hell would they need to come on here!!! 

It's all sensationalised and we're all so desperate for something to happen that we cling to a glimmer of hope that it might be true.

We know one single fact, the press said it could happen and people spoke so Randy reacted. Put it this way, if all this hype wasn't happening on the forums do you really think all these 'ITK'S' would be saying this? No. 

My opinion is something will happen tho, but not a new owner in the next few weeks

Some self professed ITK's have been proven correct, so those particular guys are either really good bullshitters who get lucky or they are quite literally in the know.

I reckon Lambert will be staying also. "Imagine what he could with an owner that backs him"!!

Tbf, we have a shite team, but Lambert had a whole host of parameters to work within set by Lerner and he has done that, he has kept us in the prem with a cheap set of players.

God knows what this announcement will be. It could be that Lerner has decided to sell, or it could be him telling us fans to shut up speculating about peoples futures and just focus on supporting the team.

Whatever it is, I'm excited. Roll on next week!

Edited by Tayls