$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Imagine if the announcement is something about letting a fan design the Macron Kit or something ridiculous...........

lerner categorically said in his statement he would address the situation with his position at the end of the season so it wont be anything other than if he is staying or going

we've heard alot from the apparent ITKs over at TBAR that this was a done deal, now Trent has hinted otherwise, so now it comes down to who is correct

The takeover rumours are to sell season tickets!  ^_^

• Like 1

Lambert's comments from the 25th of April.

"I'd still want to stay even if there was no money. It's taken knocks for too long now. But I still want to be the manager. Money won't always buy you success, but it means you can compete with the top end. I certainly want to be better than this, it's been two years and that's too long."

What has changed if Lambert is now going to walk at the end of the season because of a lack of funding? 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 4

"I'd still want to stay even if there was no money. It's taken knocks for too long now. But I still want to be the manager. Money won't always buy you success, but it means you can compete with the top end. I certainly want to be better than this, it's been two years and that's too long."

What has changed if Lambert is now going to walk at the end of the season because of a lack of funding? 

He's finally realised he's not up to the job??

• Like 1

He's finally realised he's not up to the job??

I think it is more of a case of "quitting before getting fired" IF Lambert is looking to resign now. Which is fair enough.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

He shouldn't walk from a payoff he has done what is required of him.

I will say regardless of what happens in the next week if Lerner stays and PL or a new manager gets the usual 20m things will get a bit better by virtue of us having a few more higher quality players.

Of course though this thread has been concerned with someone new coming in who will splash cash the club doesn't earn currently.

That would be nice but I don't expect it.

I'd respect him a lot more if he did quit.

Would you walk away from a pay off?

If we get less than 40 points I'm guessing his payoff isn't gong to be too good.

To protect his career in management? Lambert has a history of resigning throughout his management career. I believe Lambo was given a remit to keep us in the league until Lerner found a buyer for the club. Maybe there is a bonus in Lambert's contract relating to Premiership survival.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I do hate this wait for the compo mentally!!

Would you walk away from millions of pounds?

Stupid thing to have a go at him about.

• Like 1

I think we've all got to wait really. I doubt anyone in 100% ITK as most of this deal is probably going to be done in America. Wether it's new investment, Randy reinvesting or the club being sold, it's clear from Randy's statement along with "incognito" something's happening.

I just look at the facts. The cost cutting has gone about as far as it can go. We're prime for investment again...I just hope whoever it is has learned the mistakes from the Martin O'Neil era.

• Like 1

I can only think what I would do in my current situation where I don't earn millions and I would like to think that if I were in a situation where I had not performed to the best of my abilities that I would fall on my sword and leave a job. If I had being earning millions for a few years I would look at the compo in a different light I would like to think!

If lambert walks or gets sacked its irrelevant in grand scheme of randy lerners vision for this football club if he isn't selling up.

the premier league earns hundreds of millions of pounds and gives that to the clubs taking part for 1 reason only, for each club to buy the best players they can to give the fans worldwide who watch the premier league to enjoy the product they have paid for, have Aston Villa done that for the last 3 seasons? No.

IF Randy is not selling up, and whoever is in charge next season gets given the same meagre budget to work with, with same wage structure in place, we will get relegated.

• Like 1

I can only think what I would do in my current situation where I don't earn millions and I would like to think that if I were in a situation where I had not performed to the best of my abilities that I would fall on my sword and leave a job. If I had being earning millions for a few years I would look at the compo in a different light I would like to think!

You'd walk away from your job forsaking any money? I don't believe that for a second. 

• Like 1

Probably not which is why I'd respect him if he did.

If I was a multi-millionaire already walking away is easier than me as a pauper in comparison. Millions will change my life, I doubt the same could be said for Lambert? 

You'd walk away from your job forsaking any money? I don't believe that for a second. 

You don't know me so don't judge me by your own standards, thank you!

Well in the real world away from football management if you are shite at your job and not performing a company will go down a disciplinary procedure and have you out without paying any compo and most people are only ever entitled to 4 weeks pay, for most that's not in the millions.