$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The team think this but Paul Faulkner doesn't know himself?

That's a bit perplexing. Or rather, highly unlikely.

Maybe he means that nobody knows for sure, not even Faulkner, but they have some sort of an idea of what they think is going on

The team think this but Paul Faulkner doesn't know himself?

That's a bit perplexing. Or rather, highly unlikely.

Unless Lerner is utterly paranoid about potential leaks, could explain why there haven't been anything in media.

ClutchingStraws_zpsa2d98844.jpg

The Klinsman thing would appear to be a non starter - I beleive

1.He signed a new contract with the US national team recently

2.He likes living in the states - so would he uproot to the uk ?

Of course money talks - but Klinsman as manager looks a long shot to me.

I wonder though could he become board member or club advisor something like that - still doubtful - but perhaps more feasible than as a manager.

I wonder though could he become board member or club advisor something like that - still doubtful - but perhaps more feasible than as a manager.

Klinsmann as DOF wouldn't necessarely be a bad idea though.

Could it be that we are still in early takeover talks? Everyone has obviously gotten wind something is up, but Randy doesn't want to say he's selling the club as nothing is set in stone as of yet. The season is not over and it could take a while before a potential sale goes ahead, maybe well into the summer break. If that is the case, I can understand why RL would be a bit cagey as to what he can and can't tell us.

If anything is going to happen it won't get announced until it's done. There are too many people at the club who could be impacted by it for someone to leak it early.

Until it's signed and sealed the directors at Aston Villa are not going to say anything to anyone about it.

If MM is saying PF doesn't know much that could suggest we are far from being taken over and supports what Trent said.

But Incognotio AVFC - thought by many to be Faulkner - tweeted recently about a 'New exciting chapter, more when I get it' - So I reckon its a change of manager .....Laudrup would be my hunch ....thats the least the club can get away with as an 'exciting new chapter' ....and my be a 'Sop' to those who seek a more attractive style of play...

FWIW - I don't think Laudrup would be anyt good for us...

It won't be bloody Klinsmann, he's signed a new contract till 2018 and lives in LA, why would he want to come here. Would you?? He's rich enough anyway.

Also is he even any good :s.

He's had one season as a club manager, at Bayern and was sacked before the end of his first season!

• Like 1

It won't be bloody Klinsmann, he's signed a new contract till 2018 and lives in LA, why would he want to come here. Would you?? He's rich enough anyway.

Also is he even any good :s.

He's had one season as a club manager, at Bayern and was sacked before the end of his first season!

At least he could teach our players more of that "Clever play" :D

Klinsmann as DOF wouldn't necessarely be a bad idea though.

A hands on DOF maybe - but a DOF half way around the world would create more problems than it solves IMO

I have posted this in the Lambert thread but I think it is also applicable to our takeover as one of the best pieces of evidence;

The reason Lambert WILL get the sack, as well as one of the best pieces of evidence for the takeover is this;

http://www.telegraph...w-contract.html

That was in February. It has been quiet about this since March, and since then we have been bombarded with speculations on our takover. The reason why Lambert was going to get a new contract was that there was no buyer. Now, there is a buyer of the club, therefore Lambert will not get a new contract.

A potential counter argument for this claim is that Lambert hasnt been very good recently. Well, I think we were poor throughout the season. A win here and there at the beggining of the campaign does not change the manager over a few months period. It is the same Lambert that was going to get a new contract in Fabruary.

That is all, I am here all week.

• Like 2

If anything is going to happen it won't get announced until it's done. There are too many people at the club who could be impacted by it for someone to leak it early.

Until it's signed and sealed the directors at Aston Villa are not going to say anything to anyone about it.

I think the exact opposite - I don't expect to wake up one morning and we have new owners. We will get wind of who it is before its done. Which is why I don't think its happening.

Its not Klinsmann

Lambert to go at the end of the season. Lerner to stay.

Culverhouse and Karsa to be appointed caretakers on three year contracts.

No money to spend until they find a suitable candidate, at the end of the three years.

Edit: Decided to change my avatar to something more appropriate

Edited by Feidhlim

I have posted this in the Lambert thread but I think it is also applicable to our takeover as one of the best pieces of evidence;

The reason Lambert WILL get the sack, as well as one of the best pieces of evidence for the takeover is this;

http://www.telegraph...w-contract.html

That was in February. It has been quiet about this since March, and since then we have been bombarded with speculations on our takover. The reason why Lambert was going to get a new contract was that there was no buyer. Now, there is a buyer of the club, therefore Lambert will not get a new contract.

A potential counter argument for this claim is that Lambert hasnt been very good recently. Well, I think we were poor throughout the season. A win here and there at the beggining of the campaign does not change the manager over a few months period. It is the same Lambert that was going to get a new contract in Fabruary.

That is all, I am here all week.

I recall this - it was also the first time Lerner was muted as selling. Swiftly denied by Faulkner, and days later talk of a new contract for Lambo. IMO this was all to promote a sense of stability. However the wheels have fell off since then - Lambert has said he doesn't know if he will be here next season. - I doubt there were any serious talks about a new contract for Lambo.