$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So Man City look to have received FFP sanctions:-

£50 million fine.

Limited to 21 players in the Champions League, as opposed to 25.

A wage bill cap (should not exceed previous CL seasons wage bill).

Given were currently in breach of FFP ourselves yet still near the bottom of the league I'd have to question the feasibility of a big money man coming in and spending loads of cash.

The Premier League Financial Fair Play cycle is now in play too.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

I think we need to stop dreaming of big money owners and instead dream of doing an Atletico or Dortmund. 

Ive always hoped for some money - and better decision making at Board level. 

To be honest that sort of fine won't scare some owners ....its just like buying carroll & downing....!

Ellison is giving away 95% of his wealth at the time of his death so he isn't a pauper billionaire.

He is a man however who has well over 90% of his wealth tied up in Oracle stock.

10 % of 50 billion is 5 billion, which is invested elsewhere. So, the guy could easily to free up enough cash to make us winners without touching his precious creation. Please don't argue otherwise.

Ellison is giving away 95% of his wealth at the time of his death so he isn't a pauper billionaire.

He is a man however who has well over 90% of his wealth tied up in Oracle stock.

10 % of 50 billion is 5 billion, which is invested elsewhere. So, the guy could easily to free up enough cash to make us winners without touching his precious creation. Please don't argue otherwise.

Errr I didn't..........

Errr I didn't..........
Sorry, I misunderstood you then. I thought that was what you were implying. Silly me. Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Appealing it could lead to heavier sanctions though. Barca and Chelsea haven't breached FFP. 

No but they have both been given severe penalties by UEFA in recent years, they're far and away the most high profile clubs to have received sanctions - I'm sure we all recall the transfer bans imposed on both clubs and will remember how firmly they were enforced.

Just in case anyone wanted to know, two separate users on TBAR have hinted at a meltdown moment in the last couple of hours.

One is a guy who is pretty highly rated with his information on there, though I personally don't know if he's gotten anything right. The other is a guy going under MYSTERYMAN and used the infamous '!' emoticon like he used to do here.

Again, no idea of the validity of either of these, but two users doing it might be a bit more positive. Of course they could just be the same guy or two guys messing about. Either way, I don't know if this means we'll find out something huge tomorrow or if we still have to wait until the end of the season to find out, but just thought some might like to know if they haven't been looking at TBAR.

I like TBAR but too many on their with 'sources' now. A few legits and a lot of attention seekers.

Even though ones who do know something.. besides 'Admin' just tease and are attention seekers.

Not saying their information is incorrect however. We shall see.

The problem with TBAR is that they are like the detectives hunting the Yorkshire Ripper.

One of them submits the correct file with his identity in but it get's lost in amongst all the other BS whilst everyone is scrambling around looking for the evidence..

• Like 1

I had a look on TBAR, i saw nothing of any "meltdown". Just two posters who posted some silly emotes and everyone going over the top about it.

He does write in the same style to be fair, that being with poor grammar :P

If it isn't him it's someone who mimics his style well. Anyway, I didn't say there was definitely a meltdown, just that two of the supposed ITK users on there had both used emoticons to indicate something big happened today and we may find out soon. Just thought some of you might like to know is all.

• Like 2

Probably true. I only really look for the admin's posts as he was correct about the Culverhouse and Karsa thing. He was silly and got reckless by stating that the two Texan guys were definitely our new owners though.

I know that things in football are never certain until they're 100& confirmed by the club and things have been signed, but he did lose credibility by jumping the gun. Either that or he's not as ITK as he makes out. Time will tell. I enjoy the rumours regardless.

Sorry to be american, but what is TBAR. Google keeps sending me to a T Bar ranch in Texas.

Or, save me time and tell me what these supposed ITK's are saying that is or is not causing a meltdown.