$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I got excited when I noticed the article headline but when you read it there is nothing we don't already know.

I thought it might speculate on names or say something like a potential buyer has accompanied Lerner to the US friendlies, but it doesn't even speculate!

It's just a financial guy saying that a deal would take around 3 months, so as we're 2 months down the line, if a deal was in place, then we'd hear something in the next month. It's nothing new, but it's a headline which will make fans click links / buy papers.

I hear Barcelona has over 100,000 members and each membership costs over £1000 a year. That's a 100M a year generated just with membership fees.

It actually costs about £120 a year, I'm a member.

If Villa wanted to go that way we would have to become a sporting members club (again) which is what Barca is, it runs all sorts of teams playing a variety of sports. So for us to do that we as supporters and prospective members would have to buy the club off Randy. So if the price is £200m and we can get 50,000 members we would all have to chip in £4,000 each and then we have to provide working capital and hope the club was self financing going forward. It's not going to happen. We will just have to wait for the mythical '£200m US Takeover'.

• Like 2

An article in the mail saying we could be sold within the month. No quotes by anyone of any importance though!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/aston-villa-takeover-could-month-7508514

Good to have quotes from a person with actual insight into the process. It indicates at least that it might happen this year at least.

The Mail have quoted this guy before and he talks complete and utter tosh (like most journo's and their sources in the Bham Mail). 

With all the people involved in such a large transaction the chances of keeping it quiet to the extent we have seen would be immpossible. Hence IMO ther is no buyer yet!

Blimey, that's different to what I'd seen too - originally I think they were just cutting a corner, that one takes out a training pitch or two. Still doubt it would be enough to affect a takeover, as there'd be no need to relocate.

Its not just the line.  It sterilises land about 20 meters each side of the track too

Blimey, that's different to what I'd seen too - originally I think they were just cutting a corner, that one takes out a training pitch or two. Still doubt it would be enough to affect a takeover, as there'd be no need to relocate.

Its not just the line.  It sterilises land about 20 meters each side of the track too

True dat - got to keep all the trespassers safe you know.

In terms of the takeover, I wonder where we are all at on the 'bereavement curve.' I'm currently at 'acceptance' and just waiting for it to happen. My nerves about the forthcoming season are all that keeps my fingernails short.

An article in the mail saying we could be sold within the month. No quotes by anyone of any importance though!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/aston-villa-takeover-could-month-7508514

Good to have quotes from a person with actual insight into the process. It indicates at least that it might happen this year at least.

The Mail have quoted this guy before and he talks complete and utter tosh (like most journo's and their sources in the Bham Mail). 

With all the people involved in such a large transaction the chances of keeping it quiet to the extent we have seen would be immpossible. Hence IMO ther is no buyer yet!

Indeed.  Quite why they're quoting some Leeds-based stockbroker, god only knows.  As far as I can tell, he's nothing to do with the process, and all he's saying is that if there is a buyer, then we might be bought, and that they wouldn't necessarily be put off by the price.  Well, no shit Sherlock. 

Isle of Man-based managing director states that there probably isn't a buyer and thinks it's inlikely that we'll be sold within a month.

I spoke to my bottle of Reggae Reggae sauce it and it told me that we might have a new owner within the next month.

The Heinz tomato ketchup then pointed out that we might not have a new owner within the next month.

Use this information however you see fit.

Can't reveal my source but I've just been informed that there probably isn't a buyer and that it's inlikely that we'll be sold within a month.

Ive heard that from a couple of people now

Reggae Reggae > Ketchup, so I'm feeling optimistic.

Nah, ketchup is the more established reliable sauce!

And never believe the HP sauce,  the label gives it away

There may not be a takeover - there may be a few walkovers and quite a few takeaways (especially of the Chicken Tikka Masala kind) but no takeover at the moment!

Can't reveal my source but I've just been informed that there probably isn't a buyer and that it's inlikely that we'll be sold within a month.

I was only winding you up!

• Like 2

I hear Barcelona has over 100,000 members and each membership costs over £1000 a year. That's a 100M a year generated just with membership fees.

It actually costs about £120 a year, I'm a member.

If Villa wanted to go that way we would have to become a sporting members club (again) which is what Barca is, it runs all sorts of teams playing a variety of sports. So for us to do that we as supporters and prospective members would have to buy the club off Randy. So if the price is £200m and we can get 50,000 members we would all have to chip in £4,000 each and then we have to provide working capital and hope the club was self financing going forward. It's not going to happen. We will just have to wait for the mythical '£200m US Takeover'.

I will start a thread about this when get chance as there were quite a lot of posts previously on the subject rightly removed as OT.

Barcelona are a completely different kettle of fish to us. Main team of a region of 7M people that want independence from Spain. It's almost like an International team in its own right.

We in comparison are small fry. Can't see a takeover anytime soon. Can see relegation before a takeover which I think would increase our chances of being bought on the cheap.

Villa should be in a similar position really.  Biggest team between Manchester and London, and ever present in the Premier league with no serious local competition.

• Like 1