$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Gentleman you've given meaning to life for some on here again, they can start researching people's ear lobes and plane times again. If there was a thread like this on any other teams forum we'd take the absolute pee out if them and would never let them forget it. But question it here and people are 'just having fun' I'd say they're being incredibly desperate and embarrassing and then extremely hypocritical when it comes to other people's actions or those raising questions about the near stalker levels of some of your 'research'

• Like 1

It's just a bit mental reading TBAR. Everyone seems to be convincing themselves that Arison ia buying us sooner rather than later based on a photo that looks like Meatloaf's older brother. I don't see that level of desperation on here, which is a relief. Or maybe this site is where the realists/pessimists hang out whilst all of the optimists/loonies hang out on TBAR.

• Like 2

Believe what you want to believe, I am the same when it comes to the fruition of rumours. However, I have been informed something significant is afoot regarding a sale. Fingers and toes crossed.

You have been informed to many times.

It's just a bit mental reading TBAR. Everyone seems to be convincing themselves that Arison ia buying us sooner rather than later based on a photo that looks like Meatloaf's older brother. I don't see that level of desperation on here, which is a relief. Or maybe this site is where the realists/pessimists hang out whilst all of the optimists/loonies hang out on TBAR.

You could have just stopped after the first sentence really!

• Like 2

Because of FFP I can't actually see a new owner in a near future.

I would like someone spending billions and crushing that awful FFP in court, there is a case to be won there. 

• Like 1

Because of FFP I can't actually see a new owner in a near future.

I would like someone spending billions and crushing that awful FFP in court, there is a case to be won there.

This! I know it isn't going to happen I would just love it if PSG style owners came in and spent like crazy sticking up 2 fingers to UEFA and FFP.

Just read that Arison's sister is the richest lady in Israel. Maybe she should buy us instead.

Hopefully there is something in what Gentleman has been told. Based on nothing but my uneducated guess work I had September down as my optimistic takeover date and beyond that just hoping that something will happnen before Christmas time.

• Like 1

Why

Why? I have heard something is afoot. I guess we will have to wait and see Paul.
Noooo!! No! No! No! This is banned, you cannot come on and say stuff like that and then not say what you have heard! Share it with the rest of your fellow Villa fans!

Don't fall for it mate. This is the reaction people who 'claim' to have information are looking for. Probably just getting the info from TBAR about this Arison bloke. If it happens in a couple of weeks, they think they are some fantastic ITK, if it doesn't happen, they say it's taking longer than expected or whatever. Nobody knows anything. The only person who had genuine info was 'HairyHands'. I seem to remember another member stating last year that Lambert was going to be backed well in the transfer market 'and then some...'. What a load of rubbish that was too, yet these people continue to say it was 'Paul's' decision to do things, as if they know them. All a bit embarrassing.

With all due respect GENTLEMAN... if your "source" is the same person who has told you things in the past, and I imagine it would be, then I think we can file this one under complete bullshit.

Fair enough, we will have to wait and see. I am only throwing out what I have heard.

With all due respect GENTLEMAN... if your "source" is the same person who has told you things in the past, and I imagine it would be, then I think we can file this one under complete bullshit.

Fair enough, we will have to wait and see. I am only throwing out what I have heard.

Sorry I should have put a :P in there too...

So what you've heard is something's afoot? :P

yeah i think thats what you call them appendages at the end of your leg.

Realistically - There aren't that many billionaires willing to pump £300m into a loss making club - for the pure satisfaction of seeing it finish half a dozen places higher in the league...

Optimistically - the opposite of the above.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but We are the biggest team in the second biggest city. With a European cup winning history. Are we that much less of an attractive proposition of a club than Manchester City were? They share a smaller city than Bimingham with Man U as their neighbours. They have had a much more rocky history than us as well.

I'm fairly pessimistic about our chances of a new owner before the season, or even any time soon, but that is based on virtually no factual information, and some vicarious experience from other clubs, and the past of our club. Does that mean I'm more realistic, or just a misery guts?

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but We are the biggest team in the second biggest city. With a European cup winning history. Are we that much less of an attractive proposition of a club than Manchester City were? They share a smaller city than Bimingham with Man U as their neighbours. They have had a much more rocky history than us as well.

Yes we are because of FFP.