$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

we definitely have enough Villa fans who could cough up something like that every year

No we don't. We don't have anything even close to that

We've got at least half that, come on now. I know I could pay that every year and i'm sure there are many villa fans worldwide much better off than me.

• Like 1

we definitely have enough Villa fans who could cough up something like that every year

No we don't. We don't have anything even close to that

We've got at least half that, come on now. I know I could pay that every year and i'm sure there are many villa fans worldwide much better off than me.

We've got among the cheapest season tickets in the league and still don't come close to selling out of them, what makes you think we'll get 50,000 people willing to spend 1000 quid A YEAR just for membership? add in a season ticket and you're up around 1500 a year. It's not going to happen

At £1,000 a year on an ongoing basis in order to buy something they aren't going to own enough of to influence during their lifetimes, I reckon you'd struggle to find a hundred or so people willing to pay £1,000 a year.

does anyone have any stats on how many Villa fans we have worldwide btw?

There's a customer database at Villa Park that has around 500,000 names on it (or did have at the beginning of last year) - but those are the names of anyone that's ever bought anything from the shop; they include my auntie Jean and that cousin that buys you a pair of those gloves with Villa on the fingers every christmas. 

I guess it comes down to the already difficult question on how you define a fan, and I'm definitely not getting tempted into that one!

Supporters can't agree jack shit on internet forums - I wouldn't want t otrust us wit hthe club :)

Is Jack Shit an attacking midfielder?
That's an apt name for one of our players -already shit before he's put a shirt on. This time he really is a shit player.

Birmingham is the biggest city in england, greater London London is bigger and so is greater Manchester but unless we add Wolverhampton, Walsall and Coventry plus Solihull then we can't really compare lol.

As for the fair play rule Real Madrid have shafted it all over,any owner with money could challenge it, just take some bollox, plus some money.

Our major selling point is our royal fan base plus our history and central location.

However I fear the other will fall before we raise to their level, the German League is on our ass and with their clever management and our term, as a league, outlook will cost us all......UTV

Edited by tinker

Supporters can't agree jack shit on internet forums - I wouldn't want t otrust us wit hthe club :)

Is Jack Shit an attacking midfielder?

For me he's more of a wide forward,

His career already bottomed out.

Money talks. If another team, say West Ham were to receive a Man CIty style takeover, I imagine most of us fans would be pretty gutted thinking that that would be another team set leave us behind and we'd probably be right. If someone mega rich wanted to take over (Villa) and make a difference they could.

• Like 4

Another 20+ posts removed. Warnings to follow.

Once again, this thread is for discussions of a takeover ONLY. It's not for discussing Barcelona or FFP.

football clubs are like toys to the rich,we all have toys be its a car/motorbike etc, avfc is no more of a toy to rl hes fed up of,the foundation is set ..stadium/fan base & location. we are sleeping giants,

i have all ways wondered why "they" bought man city & not avfc,im convinced the stadium would need a new section replacing the north end & its would be full if the man city "thing" was at villa park.

the worst thing is the limbo,we knew we were ok under ellis, the learner "toy" has burst now & the hole will cost a few quid to fix. for me we are no further ahead in a sale,x

I don't know if this is optimistic, pessimistic or just plain crazy, but something's been puzzling me that doesn't seem to have warranted the usual minute dissection that most events get here.

Paul Faulkner leaving Villa was not an event instigated by him. Something happened to make his position (in his eyes) untenable. It's been suggested that he fell out with Lerner over the lack of funds being made available - but that doesn't have a ring of truth for me. If anyone knew what Lerner's intentions were it would have been Faulkner.

So something had changed and Lerner's former 'blue-eyed' boy could not stay at Villa in his CEO role. Given that Faulkner would have expected to leave anyway if the club were sold, it must have been something outside of that. What would make him leave now and not wait for a sale?

Interestingly some recent posts suggest the club isn't going to be sold. Could we have a scenario in which Lerner remains 'involved' with the club but Faulkner can't Could it be that we're going to see a new partnership / consortium (that includes Lerner), and part of that agreement insists on a new CEO. Lerner effectively stays, Faulkner can't. Faulkner sees it as a loss of 'face' to be replaced or moved sideways.

Just some thoughts.

I don't know if this is optimistic, pessimistic or just plain crazy, but something's been puzzling me that doesn't seem to have warranted the usual minute dissection that most events get here.

Paul Faulkner leaving Villa was not an event instigated by him. Something happened to make his position (in his eyes) untenable. It's been suggested that he fell out with Lerner over the lack of funds being made available - but that doesn't have a ring of truth for me. If anyone knew what Lerner's intentions were it would have been Faulkner.

So something had changed and Lerner's former 'blue-eyed' boy could not stay at Villa in his CEO role. Given that Faulkner would have expected to leave anyway if the club were sold, it must have been something outside of that. What would make him leave now and not wait for a sale?

Interestingly some recent posts suggest the club isn't going to be sold. Could we have a scenario in which Lerner remains 'involved' with the club but Faulkner can't Could it be that we're going to see a new partnership / consortium (that includes Lerner), and part of that agreement insists on a new CEO. Lerner effectively stays, Faulkner can't. Faulkner sees it as a loss of 'face' to be replaced or moved sideways.

Just some thoughts.

I wouldn't read to much into Faulkners departure - I don't believe it has any significance of on us being taken over or not. Lerner has got through a number of CEO'S - we never get an explanation as to why they move on

Faulkner was going t obe given a different role to the one he had been carrying out - he didn't weant it - that is very ver yrelevant to what is going on.

Maybe Smetrov has a point - a consortium who might want their own man and not Randolphs in that role?

Faulkner was going t obe given a different role to the one he had been carrying out - he didn't weant it - that is very ver yrelevant to what is going on.

Maybe Smetrov has a point - a consortium who might want their own man and not Randolphs in that role?

The new role was in a different part of the Lerner empire though wasn't it, and Faulkner wanted to stay in football somewhere. If anything that suggests that Randy is very much concentrating on getting out of football but Faulkner has enjoyed his time here. This wasn't Randy pushing him out, this was Randy trying to keep him after he's no longer in the game.

For me, it points towards a takeover, but only on the current basis which is the club being for sale and there not being much in the way of interest. 

Faulkners decision to depart could tell us something on timing - either that he thought it would happen quickly and wanted to get out before it did; or that he thought it would drag on and that he could be comfortable and settled elsewhere by the time it was all done.