$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but We are the biggest team in the second biggest city. With a European cup winning history. Are we that much less of an attractive proposition of a club than Manchester City were? They share a smaller city than Bimingham with Man U as their neighbours. They have had a much more rocky history than us as well.

The answer to your question would appear to be 'Yes'

While being the biggest club on the region has its potential advantages but having Man Utd as local competition increases rivalry and competition whether this was in their mind I have no idea but it's going to help both clubs and Manchester as a city from now on.

If we got an owner that pumped in millions, it would only be league rivalry that we could achieve as high standard local rivalry is very unlikely.

unless someone puts their money where their mouth is and puts a bid on the club, otherwise you know nothing , when its public we will all know very fast till then lets put this on hold , watch bit of pre season,

• Like 1

As i've stated before, taking everything into account, potential, proximity, history, value, i think only Arse and Ure are bigger than us.Citeeehh, and i'm glad of their success, aren't as big as us, and although Chelsk, Lplop and Spuds are bigger than us atm, i think if correctly exploited, we are potentially a bigger club.

4 million potential supporters within a 70 mile radius of VP, no large rivals within that radius, makes us a unique opportunity and a fantastic challenge, with enormous opportunities.

I don't think theres any doubt that we're miles away from Liverpool, in terms of success, fan base, marketing value and potential. We've seen in the Lerner era that fan wise & attendance wise, we won't grow & this is with admission prices right at the lower end of the scale. From a financial and even marketing aspect, Newcastle would be a more attractive proposition than ourselves.

I don't think theres any doubt that we're miles away from Liverpool, in terms of success, fan base, marketing value and potential. We've seen in the Lerner era that fan wise & attendance wise, we won't grow & this is with admission prices right at the lower end of the scale. From a financial and even marketing aspect, Newcastle would be a more attractive proposition than ourselves.

If we broke top 4 or won a title then fan base would grow. Next generation will support Villa which is near by rather than Liverpool or Man U which is miles away.

But for that to ever happen we would need City style millions spent which is no longer possible.

Unless there is a change to FFP I can't see us being bought anytime soon.

If we broke top 4 or won a title then fan base would grow. Next generation will support Villa which is near by rather than Liverpool or Man U which is miles away.

But for that to ever happen we would need City style millions spent which is no longer possible.

Unless there is a change to FFP I can't see us being bought anytime soon.

Even though some on here think anyone who wants to buy us would be mad, just remember someone bought David Luiz for £50M!!! We are worth 4 David Luiz's !! Football as a business is bonkers!

• Like 1

Even though some on here think anyone who wants to buy us would be mad, just remember someone bought David Luiz for £50M!!! We are worth 4 David Luiz's !! Football as a business is bonkers!

That is what we need. Some owners with more money than sense and plans for world domination with total disregard for UEFA FFP such is their power and influence.

What he said^^

The likelihood of someone coming in and doing a Man City 5 years ago was slim.

The likelihood of someone coming in and doing a Man City now is a miniscule chance because of the FFP implications. (The reason I bang on about it is that so many people on here ignore it)

Surely the consensus of supporter opinion on this board should be we want (in an ideal world).......... 

An owner that has some expertise in sports franchises.

An owner who employs people are board level who know what they are doing.

An owner who puts a footballing ethos in the club aka a style of play regardless who is manager.

An owner who employs some of the best youth scouts around so we can nab talent earlier. 

An owner who will sell anything we have to advertisers such as the ground name.

An Owner who will spend 10m a year over whatever the income is so we are FFP compliant if and when the above plan works.

When the fans move in unison a club usually does better.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but We are the biggest team in the second biggest city. With a European cup winning history. Are we that much less of an attractive proposition of a club than Manchester City were? They share a smaller city than Bimingham with Man U as their neighbours. They have had a much more rocky history than us as well.

They got in before the lock.

The music stopped and you're stuck wherever you were in the pecking order at the end of 2012-13; forever, or at least until someone changes the rules.

Or I murder Platini.

Or people lose interest and stop buying Sky.

• Like 1

A good owner, with real funds is now unable to break the collar. I really think we could be up for sale for a long time; potentially years. I think our best chance of a different future is a different method of ownership, some sort of different model, something that leaves us in a good place for whenever the current plan for the game works itself to an end.

Supporter-led takeover. For the biggest club in the second biggest city in England, the fan base should be expansive enough for a takeover to be possible. A lease-to-own arrangement with Lerner could be his last "gift" to the fans, by making the deal possible without supporters having to come up with 100-200m on the spot. Anyone else want a puff of this?

I hear Barcelona has over 100,000 members and each membership costs over £1000 a year. That's a 100M a year generated just with membership fees.

Thats interesting actually, I think we definitely have enough Villa fans who could cough up something like that every year. Might be worth a punt!

Supporter-led takeover. For the biggest club in the second biggest city in England, the fan base should be expansive enough for a takeover to be possible. A lease-to-own arrangement with Lerner could be his last "gift" to the fans, by making the deal possible without supporters having to come up with 100-200m on the spot. Anyone else want a puff of this?

It's just too expensive - if you assume that there are around 25,000 season ticket holders and maybe another 5,000 people who would have a season ticket if they were practically able to attend, then those are your main investors - that's 30,000 people - let's rule half of them straight out as unable to afford anything over and above the price of a season ticket - if the remaining 15,000 were to pay an extra £100 a season toward a gradual takeover of the club, it'd take 100 years for them to buy out Randy Lerner. 100 years. It's impossible.

I don't know how we do it - local companies, sponsor ownership and investment, a flotation of sorts, 50 multi-millionaires - the problem is, it's a bad investment - if you want to make money, you don't buy a football club that isn't already successful, so you're looking for people who don't want any of this money back.

£150m is a whole lot of love.