Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Don't know if Philippe montanier or Thomas tuchel have been suggested, but to me they make the most sense if they'd come.

Honestly, though, I think it's time for villa to get a DOF. Pretty much every country in the world outside of England has most clubs operating with one, and it's no coincidence that clubs with far lower payrolls than English teams can be of comparable quality to English sides spending way more money.

Think you'll find that is due to taxation, inflation, culture shock and the discrepancy in ease of acquiring work permits.

Check Porto for example, they source from South America paying 500k-2m for players and sell them on for 25m, consistently. Fernando, Mangala and Jackson Martinez will be this summer's exodus and they'll replenish quite comfortably without spending even 5% of what they receive.

People often ask me why English clubs can't mimic this citing inferior scouting networks and such, fact is it's just not possible. 

Edited by misanthrope

If any more former players are mentioned without as little as a coaching badge i'm going to smash my head into a wall.

Hang on a minute, surely a coaching team of Luc Nilis as manager bringing in many young Belgians accompanied by a coaching team of the Djemba twins scouring all corners of Africa for the latest Drogba's, Essien's and Kanu's, Juan Pablo Angel adding that South American flair and Mark Bosnich brought in as our new goalkeeping coach. What could possibly go wrong?

David Moyes makes sense to me, he's a top 6 manager and we'd be as solid as fook with him at the helm.

This is all provided peeps can ignore the last 12 months!!

• Like 1

David Moyes makes sense to me, he's a top 6 manager and we'd be as solid as fook with him at the helm.

This is all provided peeps can ignore the last 12 months!!

The good and bad about Moyes - is that I think he would more easily work with what Lambert leaves, than say Laudrup,  - The bad thing is his Everton team were very poor for long periods under his reign....they were a very ugly side......How much better than Lambert is Moyes......

No more than a Hunch but incognito's tweet about a new chapter - the word Moyes just jumped into my head 

Next Villa manager odds: Di Matteo 5/1, Klinsmann 6/1, Moyes 13/2, Sherwood 15/2, Hughton 14/1, Mackay 14/1, Lennon 16/1, Wise 18/1

Odds as short as 9/1 on this, I'm either still drunk, need my eyes testing or am disconnected from reality :blink:

Next Villa manager odds: Di Matteo 5/1, Klinsmann 6/1, Moyes 13/2, Sherwood 15/2, Hughton 14/1, Mackay 14/1, Lennon 16/1, Wise 18/1

Odds as short as 9/1 on this, I'm either still drunk, need my eyes testing or am disconnected from reality :blink:

You may be all those things, it says 18/1, if it is Wise you're talking about