Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Paul Lambert should be the next manager

So that we can be assured of our place in the Premier League after 36 games.

I'd rather be assured of it than not

Paul Lambert should be the next manager

So that we can be assured of our place in the Premier League after 36 games.

I'd rather be assured of it than not

It took 36 games.....you want to risk that again next season ?!

I dont care if it took 38 games as long as we were ultimately safe

Us battling in the bottom half or top half is more than just the manager. Or just changing the manager every time we think the grass is greener

• Like 1

For a long time I'd have agreed with you Richard as I'm tired of constantly being in a transition season and want us to actually build something.

I would also agree that the problems at Villa are Lerner more than they are Lambert.

However if we are to be takenover and new money coming in then I would be voting for a complete facelift from top to bottom.

In my mind Lambert has made as many mistakes in his 2 years here as the up and comers he has bought. I would put him in the same category, potentially talented but massively naive at this level. 

VG,  i'll post in the other Lambert thread my thoughts.  That one seems to be about him and this about a potential replacement.  Less confusing for me that way

i'm in the keep lambert camp, but the last time this discussion was serious, my first pick was Rodgers.  The other name mentioned at  that time I thought would be exciting and would still be....  Ruud.

Lambert, the right man from the start & still the right man now regardless of any prospective take over.

How on earth can you possibly say that.  Even if you accept that he's done well keeping us in the league (which I don't), then that's entirely different to having a new owner with potentially more money to spend.   The man has performed appallingly, and deserves the sack for what he's done to this club over the past two disgraceful years.

Lambert, the right man from the start & still the right man now regardless of any prospective take over.

How on earth can you possibly say that.  Even if you accept that he's done well keeping us in the league (which I don't), then that's entirely different to having a new owner with potentially more money to spend.   The man has performed appallingly, and deserves the sack for what he's done to this club over the past two disgraceful years.

But many other posters think differently & Randy also acknowledges  that Lambo has worked well under the parameters set. There is a bigger picture to be considered here too that some posters conveniently fail to see because they never queued up at the Odeon when they were kids but knew all about the film because they had seen the trailer on tv.

If new owners get rid of him will you be against them from the start?

Interesting question.  But I would ask you the reverse.  If they keep him will you be against them from the start?

My answer?  No.  I would keep him, but I do recognize there are legitimate reasons to get rid.  I will not be against the new owners from the start no matter which way they decide on, what I think, is an arguable decision either way.