Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

I think the new owners will have a new manager in mind. I think Lambert knows he's not going to be part of the new dawn, as do many of the players.

While I'm certain that ownership of the club will change hands very soon, I;m refusing to get carried away with the wealth of the owner at this point.

Realistically, until we know the owner & their intentions, I don't think theres much point in speculating on a new manager. I don't however buy into the attitude that potential buyers will not have given any thought to who the manager will be and therefore will allow Lambert 12 months for the sake of stability.

Lambert, the right man from the start & still the right man now regardless of any prospective take over.

How on earth can you possibly say that.  Even if you accept that he's done well keeping us in the league (which I don't), then that's entirely different to having a new owner with potentially more money to spend.   The man has performed appallingly, and deserves the sack for what he's done to this club over the past two disgraceful years.

But many other posters think differently & Randy also acknowledges  that Lambo has worked well under the parameters set. There is a bigger picture to be considered here too that some posters conveniently fail to see because they never queued up at the Odeon when they were kids but knew all about the film because they had seen the trailer on tv.

You've completely missed the point as usual.  If you think he's done a good job under the parameters set by Lerner, then I can understand why you'd want to retain him under Lerner.  You cannot possibly say that he's the right man regardless of any takeover though, because we *could" find ourselves in a much better position than we are now, in which case a manager noted for playing basic football on a shoe string wouldn't be the right man for the job.  Unless you think he's going to get the Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool job any time soon.

Realistically our next manager will be someone that is not at the top of the trade.I mean, be serious,would someone like Wenger,Ancelotti, or Morenho even apply for the job ? No. 

We have spent the last 3 seasons flirting with relegation so we are NOT going to get a top class manager, all we can hope for is a decent manager who knows a bit about football.

I would say we are talking about people like M.Mackai,A.Kirbushley, M.Laudrup etc etc. 

I didnt mean those three managers, I meant that sort of manager not the Van Gall type.If we have enough money we could get someone like T.Pullis.

Good lord. If ever there was a manager you don't want to give money to it's Pulis, pissed a lot of it up the wall at Stoke.

I can see the argument for replacing Lambert if there's a big money takeover. It's based on the idea that we could get someone really decent who has proven himself at a higher level than Lambert has. Pulis isn't that.

If we're not taken over then Lambert stays, hopefully with some better backing.

If there's no takeover I'd still want him replaced. To get less points after having another season and money to spend is very poor and I've seen little to suggest sticking with him would be worth it. I wouldn't trust Lerner to bring in someone good but I'd be happy to gamble given how bad the last two years have been.

Saying all that I think a takeover is nailed on so its not really a major concern.

Realistically our next manager will be someone that is not at the top of the trade.I mean, be serious,would someone like Wenger,Ancelotti, or Morenho even apply for the job ? No. 

We have spent the last 3 seasons flirting with relegation so we are NOT going to get a top class manager, all we can hope for is a decent manager who knows a bit about football.

I would say we are talking about people like M.Mackai,A.Kirbushley, M.Laudrup etc etc. 

Who are these people?

Edited by pacbuddies

Pullis did ok at Stoke ( kept them midtable ) and he has kept Crystal Palace up.....No mean feat. 

He spent a shitload of cash in Stoke though, almost as badly as MON in Villa.

Pullis did ok at Stoke ( kept them midtable ) and he has kept Crystal Palace up.....No mean feat. 

On even worse players than MON though

If the worst case scenario becomes a reality and Lambert leaves but Lerner and the severe financial restrictions remain then we'll most likely get Mackay.

If that'd be the case, I wonder if Dean Saunders could be a worth of a punt, he knows the club, he gets us and knows how big we are. Jumping to PL could be too much for him though.

If the worst case scenario becomes a reality and Lambert leaves but Lerner and the severe financial restrictions remain then we'll most likely get Mackay.

If that'd be the case, I wonder if Dean Saunders could be a worth of a punt, he knows the club, he gets us and knows how big we are. Jumping to PL could be too much for him though.

2 critiscms of Lambert are often touted - dire results & dire football. We know Lerner and Faulkner aren't great at recruiting managers - but to easily and cheaply address these offers I am convinced they would try and get Laudrup - He's available, a 'big name' - might have some budget demands - but perhaps not unreasonable.....All fits for me,,,,,,even though I think he would be Houllier MK2...

Stoke did not have to wait till week 36 to be safe and he spent F.A. at Palace and they are way above us.  

David Moyes makes sense to me, he's a top 6 manager and we'd be as solid as fook with him at the helm.

This is all provided peeps can ignore the last 12 months!!

The good and bad about Moyes - is that I think he would more easily work with what Lambert leaves, than say Laudrup,  - The bad thing is his Everton team were very poor for long periods under his reign....they were a very ugly side......How much better than Lambert is Moyes......

No more than a Hunch but incognito's tweet about a new chapter - the word Moyes just jumped into my head 

is this a serious question?