Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

What about Giggs and his backroom staff if they leave United?

God no.

Really? Giggs, Butt, Scholes and P. Neville have won it all a lot of times, been through a fantastic winning system from an early age and worked under arguably the best manager of the modern age their whole careers. Worked with a long line of top coaches too.

I doubt they'd all come to Villa to be honest, I really cannot see Scholes being involved with any other club than United for instance. So I don't think it would ever happen but to say "God no" may be a touch over the top. Time will tell, but I think they all have good futures in the game.

• Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again IF this isn't BS and is actually happening the De Beor is the perfect choice. He would invigorate this club from top to bottom. Set in stone a philosophy for all teams based on the Ajax way

But I actually think the most important person we will employ this summer will be head of youth development.

• Like 2

God no is definitely not a touch over the top, they've managed TWO games, how can anyone possibly be suggesting them for the villa job right now? 

Solskjaer has "won it all" and "worked with the best manager of the modern era" too and he doesn't seem to be doing so well does he? Nothing they've done or won as a player is an argument for them being a manager. Bizarre argument.

• Like 1

Isn't Alex McLeish available? Fergie recommends him highly so he must be pretty decent. 

I'd get David O'Leary as his assistant too as his communication skills are second to none.

David Moyes makes sense to me, he's a top 6 manager and we'd be as solid as fook with him at the helm.

This is all provided peeps can ignore the last 12 months!!

The good and bad about Moyes - is that I think he would more easily work with what Lambert leaves, than say Laudrup,  - The bad thing is his Everton team were very poor for long periods under his reign....they were a very ugly side......How much better than Lambert is Moyes......

No more than a Hunch but incognito's tweet about a new chapter - the word Moyes just jumped into my head 

Based on what? New chapter could mean absolutely anything.

I'd get David O'Leary as his assistant too as his communication skills are second to none.

He could reshape the team into a great, honest bunch of lads.