Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

I don't think the next manager should just have the Premier LEague experience that the board always wants but I would prefer if he spoke English as rarely a manager succeeds if don't know the language. its why id be skeptical of all these Bundesliga managers mentioned

though if want entertainment ive said before we should hire Zemen

Zeman is too old now, not sure whether he'll work again. Would have loved some Zemanlandia around VP :)

If Fiorentina don't make Champs league and we get a new owner, we could do a lot worse than Montella. He's young for a manager, he can organise a team well and he plays nice football. I don't hink we could tempt him without serious cash from new owners though. I think he could be tempted though if we offered him a nice transfer kitty and a remit to make a team in his image. He might be a step too far for us though, I can see him landing a Champs league club somewhere in the next couple of years...

If no takeover it changes the picture dramatically though, not sure if Lambert can turn this around given a summer to work with the squad and get reorganised. If the budget constraints continue we'd need someone who would bring through players from the academy and find 2 or 3 quality players for the £20m. I'm not sure there's a lot of those kind of managers available who would want to come...

Neil Lennon would be a good shout if he hasn't already done a deal with Norwich.

I just can't see him or manager with a decent reputation taking on the mess that is currently Aston Villa. Maybe Moyes is desperate enough?

I would hate it if we got Lennon.

I think you do us a disservice, I think a lot of managers would be up for the challenge of managing Aston Villa. Yes it has an owner who is cutting back, but the club still has some great positives. It has a fantastic training facility, a highly accredited youth set up, a great stadium with a grat pitch, a large fan base and fantastic history. I think a lot of managers would want to work here and show that they are capable of rising the club.

• Like 2

Neil Lennon would be a good shout if he hasn't already done a deal with Norwich.

I just can't see him or manager with a decent reputation taking on the mess that is currently Aston Villa. Maybe Moyes is desperate enough?

You would honestly prefer Neil Lennon?

We need someone who can mould a team to compete in a league with vastly more resources than ourselves. What would make you think he could do that?

I think you do us a disservice, I think a lot of managers would be up for the challenge of managing Aston Villa. Yes it has an owner who is cutting back, but the club still has some great positives. It has a fantastic training facility, a highly accredited youth set up, a great stadium with a grat pitch, a large fan base and fantastic history. I think a lot of managers would want to work here and show that they are capable of rising the club.

What decent manager will put their reputation on the line to work here?

They will look at what Lambert has done, keeping a team of misfits in the premiership with an injury list as long as your arm, and is being hounded out for it.

I admire your optimism but I think most will do a Solskjaer TBH.  I think the name will go a little but our stock has fallen.

They will look at what Lambert has done, keeping a team of misfits in the premiership with an injury list as long as your arm, and is being hounded out for it.

I admire your optimism but I think most will do a Solskjaer TBH.  I think the name will go a little but our stock has fallen.

I think they will look at what Lambert has done nearly relegating the team twice and think I can't do any worse than that idiot. It's a win, win! 

Neil Lennon? No offense but give your head a wobble!

No more managers from the Porridge league...... Have we learnt no lessons???

Offer Paul Clement the job?

We need a good coaching set up as this has been sadly lacking for many years now!

I think across Europe many managers will want to prove themselves in the premier league. I think they will think that they can get more from the players available and with a few astute acquisitions could build a team. They may be seeing us a stepping stone, but I wouldn't be concerned about that as if they were wanted at a higher club it would mean that they had done a good job (a mantra that was used about Lambert by some when he joined). Look at Albion this year, they have been in turmoil, but they were still able to attract a manager from Europe because of the lure of the premier league.

I don't think Lambert's reputation will be high leaving us, as I think most clubs will not think he has done a good job and is being hounded out. (Probably more for the Lambert thread).

As people have said ANYONE other than the incompetent buffoon Lambert. Hell Rod Jane and Freddy could do a better job!

Rod, Jane and Freddy are in midfield.

George, Zippy and Bungle in defence.

I don't think Tim Sherwood would make sense. We ideally need somebody who has achieved relative success with limited budget. Somebody who can change the whole culture of the ways things are done. I personally think we should take the gamble on an manager from mainland Europe.

To be fair has Sherwood spent any money?

I would go for Sherwood with someone like Steve Clarke as his assistant/first team coach.

One thing Sherwood has shown is he gives the young players a chance.

As people have said ANYONE other than the incompetent buffoon Lambert. Hell Rod Jane and Freddy could do a better job!

He took over which is in my opinion one of the best squads in the league. He hasn't had to spend any money. Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against Sherwood I would just prefer a more experience manager. Although if it was to choice between Sherwood or Lambert I'd prefer the former.

We need someone who can mould a team to compete in a league with vastly more resources than ourselves. What would make you think he could do that?

Celtic operate on a shoestring compared to us.

He has managed to unearth talent from England and around Europe for less than Lambert has spent on junk. The likes of Forster, Hooper, Kayal, Wanyama, Izaguire, Commmons, Mulgrew, Ledley are far superior to some of the dross we have signed in last 2 years.

He has also got the most out of some limited players and shown an ability to develop young players.

He has done very well in Europe when you consider the massive difference in spending power between Celtic and their Champions League rivals.

That’s why I think he could work out here.

Anyway it’s just my opinion, based on my belief that we don’t have the pick of Europe!

Edited by Villastine

Forster, Hooper, Kayal, Wanyama, Izaguire, Commmons, Mulgrew, Ledley 

They look great because they are playing in a truly awful league. 

Sorry, but a big no to Lennon. 

Forster, Hooper, Kayal, Wanyama, Izaguire, Commmons, Mulgrew, Ledley

They look great because they are playing in a truly awful league.

Sorry, but a big no to Lennon.

I think many would agree we me when I say please steer clear of any manager that has managed a team from Glasgow!

what is it with you lot loving Scottish managers.

lennon - celtic.

scot prem is mickey mouse league with only 1 strong team. lennon has proved shit playing against part timers every week.

To be fair Lennon isn't Scottish. He is Northern Irish though, and we all know how the last Northern Irish ex-Celtic manager at Villa worked out...