Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Malaga are now in a worse financial state than us and have sold off nearly all their assets. What a ridiculous comparision also. How is Schuster's managerial career in any way like Roy Keane's?

Why ask a question then answer it on my behalf?

As I say, the fact that your depth of football knowledge prevents you from coming up with candidates beyond those listed by the bookies, this doesn't make them the only options out there and thus doesn't support your strawman that Lambert should stay as a result of this.

Who is your suggestion then? Because I if don't know and you don't know then what on earth, on the basis of the last 4 years, makes you think Faulkner and Lerner will? 

There are good managers out there. I can think of plenty. Few would want to come and work with Lerner under present restrictions.

There you go again asking me a question then assuming the answer. I can think of quite a few that I believe would work under the current conditions. If Malaga can hire Bernd Schuster, then we can very much do better than Paul Lambert. Ronald Koeman is my choice though.

Well at least we have a name. Koeman's managerial record is pretty mixed but to be fair I would take him IF he was going to be given a fair opportunity to reshape the squad. If he was coming in to work with this bunch of cloggers and other £15-20k p/w signings I think it would be a massive gamble. 

Well at least we have a name. Koeman's managerial record is pretty mixed but to be fair I would take him IF he was going to be given a fair opportunity to reshape the squad. If he was coming in to work with this bunch of cloggers and other £15-20k p/w signings I think it would be a massive gamble.

No, I mean that I believe that Koeman is the ideal candidate under the current conditions.

• Like 1

No, I mean that I believe that Koeman is the ideal candidate under the current conditions.

Fair enough, it's certainly not the worst shout.

• Like 1

Malaga are now in a worse financial state than us and have sold off nearly all their assets. What a ridiculous comparision also. How is Schuster's managerial career in any way like Roy Keane's?

from the reliable WIKI, he is hardly Mourinho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_Schuster#Managerial_statistics

great player though

Edited by Zatman

If we're going to take a punt on a some young up-and-comer from leftfield, could it be worth looking at Estoril's Marco Silva?  Without being particularly au fait with the Portuguese league, on the surface he appears to have done a remarkable job there; from winning the second tier up to 5th in the Primeira Liga the following season and now a likely 4th place finish this campaign (including wins over Porto and Braga), with the club making it's European debut along the way.

Someone get our Portuguese correspondent Mister_Master on the blower.

from the reliable WIKI, he is hardly Mourinho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_Schuster#Managerial_statistics

great player though

So again, how is that comparible to Roy Keane's record? Also, just forming your judgement on a manager by just checking their honours list on Wiki is a pretty spurious way of doing it anyway. Branden Rodgers and Maurico Pochettino haven't won anything of note. Not to mention that winning La Liga is an achievement not to be scoffed at.

If this supposed takeover is going ahead and a billionaire wants to waste i mean invest a large wedge of money on a project then De Boer would be perfect for us. Highly unrealistic I realise, but he could rebuild the club from top to bottom and create our own version on the Ajax ethos.

• Like 1