Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

If the takeover does not happen, which allegedly will be the case if we are relegated, we will most likely be stuck with the mumbling fool. If Lerner grows some and puts him out of his misery I would look to a manager like Mackay who did a very good job at Cardiff.

If we stay up and get takenover I would go with a good foreign manager just to bring fresh thinking into the club.

Any manager that follows Lambert is going to have his work cut out, especially if Randy's controlling the purse strings.

I've said this before but assuming we stay up, the worst-case scenario is they both stay, Lambert gets another £20m to spend on 4 first-team players, plus Okore, Benteke and Kozak hopefully won't get crippled again. We will have a better season, I'm sure of it.

Any manager that follows Lambert is going to have his work cut out, especially if Randy's controlling the purse strings.

I've said this before but assuming we stay up, the worst-case scenario is they both stay, Lambert gets another £20m to spend on 4 first-team players, plus Okore, Benteke and Kozak hopefully won't get crippled again. We will have a better season, I'm sure of it.

We don't even start next season with Benteke.

I haven't expected Lambert to here since about Christmas - when he acknowledged we needed experienced players not the young and hungry's he recruited up until that point. 

I do think he has something to offer - but got last summers transfer business totally wrong. I really don't see a way back for him now.

What decent player would want to come to Villa in the summer knowing that the owner is as tight as a ducks ar*e and the manager is as tactically astute as the aforementioned ducks ar*e and that the club is going nowhere fast?

• Like 1

I think there has been some serious revisionism of David Moyes, his management style and his type of football occurring lately. And I say this as an Everton fan, and we have probably been the most guilty of it.

I'm on here as I suspect that only the Newcastle or Villa job are serious possibilities for him this summer, unless he moves abroad (he's often talked about managing in Germany).

I can understand a lot of you turning your noses up at him, given the supposed dour football, and over the years there was spells of that, but isn't there at every club?    We also played some wonderful football, particularly last season.  We aren't talking about Stoke here, we are talking about a manager who based probably his best side around the midfield trio of Arteta, Pienaar and Osman. All lightweight technical footballers.

Attacking full backs, high intensity football and intricate possession around the opposition box would be what to expect from a Moyes side.

Martinez has been a breath of fresh air, and tactically i'd give him the edge over Moyes, but i'm not yet sold on his transfers  (5 permanent signings, 4 of them from Wigan).  I'd fancy Moyes to find some excellent signings for you.

• Like 4

I think there has been some serious revisionism of David Moyes, his management style and his type of football occurring lately. And I say this as an Everton fan, and we have probably been the most guilty of it.

I'm on here as I suspect that only the Newcastle or Villa job are serious possibilities for him this summer, unless he moves abroad (he's often talked about managing in Germany).

I can understand a lot of you turning your noses up at him, given the supposed dour football, and over the years there was spells of that, but isn't there at every club?    We also played some wonderful football, particularly last season.  We aren't talking about Stoke here, we are talking about a manager who based probably his best side around the midfield trio of Arteta, Pienaar and Osman. All lightweight technical footballers.

Attacking full backs, high intensity football and intricate possession around the opposition box would be what to expect from a Moyes side.

Martinez has been a breath of fresh air, and tactically i'd give him the edge over Moyes, but i'm not yet sold on his transfers  (5 permanent signings, 4 of them from Wigan).  I'd fancy Moyes to find some excellent signings for you.

Thank you for this insight.

But we don't want another English manager, just in case they turn dour......................like Lambert!!!!!!

I think Laudrup would be a disaster for us.

Laudrup has a good knowledge of La Liga and you can pick up some very good players on the cheap there. Also Bony will be looking a steal for what ever he's paid for him.

But we don't want another English manager, just in case they turn dour......................like Lambert!!!!!!

We haven't had an English manager for a while and Moyes and Lambert are Scottish.

Koeman is in waiting to be Dutch manager so he wouldn't be a long term appointment at all.

Edit: I still don't see why people are turning their noses up at premier league managers who regularly finish in the top half, that surely has to be the short term target to do that, it was my target this season anyway and we have failed big time.

Do people really think if we do get taken over we're going to rise from 16th to 5th in one go?

Edited by VillaChris