Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Tim Sherwood is the 4th best manager in the Premier League since his appointment, and he is about to become available.

Tim Sherwood is too annoying for words.

Maybe, but he is probably more qualified than some of the Carlos Kickaballs being mentioned on here ;)

We should chose a manager who is currently at a team which are good, but not better than us (or than we can be), and have a bunch of REALLY good prospects. You know? The ones that everyone has heard of, but aren't in the 'gonna be World Class' bracket, but in the one below. The 'he's great, but will he go to Arsenal, Dortmund or somewhere crap in Russia for the money?' bracket!

Then we can pinch their manager, and he can bring these good prospects with him. Bingo.

We should chose a manager who is currently at a team which are good, but not better than us (or than we can be), and have a bunch of REALLY good prospects. You know? The ones that everyone has heard of, but aren't in the 'gonna be World Class' bracket, but in the one below. The 'he's great, but will he go to Arsenal, Dortmund or somewhere crap in Russia for the money?' bracket!

Then we can pinch their manager, and he can bring these good prospects with him. Bingo.

Sounds easy in theory but got any names?

Christian Streich (SC Freiburg) 

Admittedly i don't ever watch the bundesliga but they are not far off relegation spots and look like they enjoy a defeat nearly as much as we do.

He would not be my fisrt choice if i could pick freely (i'd take Favre) but he fits the criteria stated and he could bring Matthias Ginter 

Tim Sherwood is the 4th best manager in the Premier League since his appointment, and he is about to become available.

Tim Sherwood is too annoying for words. 

Gotta be a good outside bet that.

If I was employed by the club with the task to find that manager, I'm sure I could do it.

Look over matches, statistics & reviews of many leagues and teams to identify the top prospects/ highly rated but relatively unknown managers. Once managers have been identified, do further research on their style of play, style of management and performance throughout their career. Once a final list of candidates has been created (a 'Top 5' and 'the rest'), see which up-and-coming talented players play for each of them, and see whether they're realistically gettable.

That's extremely simplified, obviously, but the club have easily got the money and people in place to find someone who is not only a good manager, but also managers good players that could be tempted to come to Birmingham.

It all depends on who the new owner is, if we have one, if not then I can't see any value changing what we have already got until we do.

You think Lambert will keep his job if Lerner doesn't sell?

I don't. I think Lambert needs to go, whoever the owner is (and I'm one of the people who have given him chance after chance to reproduce the good performances of last April/ May).

There are too many things going against him now. We can use budget/ injuries as an excuse only so many times. He has to be blamed for the repeating of tactics/ formations/ team selections that have repeatedly seen us lose. He also has to be blamed for buying another striker when an attacking midfielder would have been better (even a cheap option). Most of all, he is to blame for not being able to motivate or train the players to play or even defend well, over and over again.

I can't see any reason why Lerner would keep him, when he has performed as bad as McLeish (I don't think he's been worse, because even though he's lost more games (I assume), McLeish had a much better team to work with).

I don't think the next manager should just have the Premier LEague experience that the board always wants but I would prefer if he spoke English as rarely a manager succeeds if don't know the language. its why id be skeptical of all these Bundesliga managers mentioned

though if want entertainment ive said before we should hire Zemen

I don't think Tim Sherwood would make sense. We ideally need somebody who has achieved relative success with limited budget. Somebody who can change the whole culture of the ways things are done. I personally think we should take the gamble on an manager from mainland Europe.

Sherwood always looks too 'on the edge' for me. We need a manager who can handle the pressure of a club like this and who can co-ordinate eleven players. Lambert, as he has shown, cannot.

I don't think Tim Sherwood would make sense. We ideally need somebody who has achieved relative success with limited budget. Somebody who can change the whole culture of the ways things are done. I personally think we should take the gamble on an manager from mainland Europe.

To be fair has Sherwood spent any money?

I would go for Sherwood with someone like Steve Clarke as his assistant/first team coach.

One thing Sherwood has shown is he gives the young players a chance.

As people have said ANYONE other than the incompetent buffoon Lambert. Hell Rod Jane and Freddy could do a better job!