Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

The not a quick fix thing is why Laudrup is a terrible idea. Why do he quit/get sacked after a season and a half at every job he had. Because he obviously don't like and can't handle it when the going gets tough. I can go on but Ive discussed Laudrup before here. He is not a good idea.

The not a quick fix thing is why Laudrup is a terrible idea. Why do he quit/get sacked after a season and a half at every job he had. Because he obviously don't like and can't handle it when the going gets tough. I can go on but Ive discussed Laudrup before here. He is not a good idea.

Yes this is why I wouldn't want him either. Not long-term enough and always seems to be priming himself for a bigger club.

I don't think Moyes would be a bad choice either IMO.

But then again, it all depends on if Randy stays or goes, and if we do get taken over, if they want to bring their own manager in.

I don't think he would be a bad choice either. Before the Man United job he was one of the most sought after managers and I bet the majority of fans would have loved to have seen him at Villa.

• Like 2

Having looked at the list of credible replacements for Lambert I'm more convinced than I was before that he should stay unless we are taken over. Dreadful, dreadful list of people who I think would do even worse given Lerner's restrictions. The only man I would take ahead of Lambert is Moyes. Di Matteo, Klinsmann, Laudrup, Mackay?? No way.

• Like 1

Below is a map of the world (it's a big place). There are football managers dotted all over it. Surely there must be someone out there better than Lambert even in the current situation at VP.

Map-5_World.jpg

Not that i think it's going to happen but does anyone think fore shortening Moyes holiday to bring him in now before the game against Hull would give everyone a lift? 

Except Moyes - he'd start as manager who got us relegated - no advantage for him to jump in so soon

Having looked at the list of credible replacements for Lambert I'm more convinced than I was before that he should stay unless we are taken over. Dreadful, dreadful list of people who I think would do even worse given Lerner's restrictions. The only man I would take ahead of Lambert is Moyes. Di Matteo, Klinsmann, Laudrup, Mackay?? No way.

I don't get this line of thinking. Just because you (and the bookies) can't come up with candidates beyond the most obvious suspects, doesn't mean that they are the only ones available to us.

I think most of the obvious subjects would still do a better job, though. They would at least get more out of the players than this lame donkey.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I think Moyes might be a busted flush.His lack of tactical awareness, indeed modern approach to the game, was highlighted by his failure at OT, and indeed the emergence of Everton as a good footballing team.His style is a tight defence, with competitive midfielders and the emphasis being on teamwork and work ethic, rather than movement and touch.

I take on board your comments about Laudrup, but the next manager at VP for me should be a good footballing coach, who appreciates the modern style of football, encourages good football, and good footballers, and is good at improving young players.For me Hoddle would be ideal, or a Laudrup kind of manager, who expects good football.Emre might be worth a go if we get taken over, but i was very impressed by Southampton when we played them, the style, the formation, the attitude, the players and if we do get taken over, he would be my 1st choice. 

What self respecting manager is going to come to us now, with our situation and have a potential relegation on their CV?

Surely it would make more sense for them to wait until the end of the season and I really couldn't see Moyes (or anyone decent)coming here if we got relegated.

What self respecting manager is going to come to us now, with our situation and have a potential relegation on their CV?

Surely it would make more sense for them to wait until the end of the season and I really couldn't see Moyes (or anyone decent)coming here if we got relegated.

One who backs their own ability to raise the club.

What self respecting manager is going to come to us now, with our situation and have a potential relegation on their CV?

Surely it would make more sense for them to wait until the end of the season and I really couldn't see Moyes (or anyone decent)coming here if we got relegated.

I don't think it makes a difference whether Lambert is manager or not for the next 3 games. Whatever happens will happen regardless of who is in charge.

What self respecting manager is going to come to us now, with our situation and have a potential relegation on their CV?

Surely it would make more sense for them to wait until the end of the season and I really couldn't see Moyes (or anyone decent)coming here if we got relegated.

if a manager comes now no one is going to blame them for the relegation, weve gotten our selves in this mess because of all the games where we have served up a sorry excuse of a performace throughout the season, not the last three games.

Doubt we will see any new manager if there is a possibility of getting a new owner, another bill to pay off if they want to get their own man in, if all this has been an exercise in getting us sellable.

Im not really that keen on Moyes to be honest, to me his playstyle is a bit old and out dated. If we are getting a new manager in i want someone who can get us to play some nice football, dont really care if we finish 14th rather than 10th if the requisition is to play defensively and boring. If the new owner want to splash out and aim for the top i really dont want to see moyes here. theres better more exciting managers surley?

Edited by tomaspg

It is hard to say who should be the new Boss should Lambert go as the Owner and their ambition/spend would come into the appointment naturally, If Randy stays then it will be much of the same so who would take the job under the same circumstances as most of the team needs replacing!