Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Koeman is in waiting to be Dutch manager so he wouldn't be a long term appointment at all.

He'll be waiting a while, with Hiddink taking over until the Euros, and Danny Blind succeeding him!

Didn't Blind almost sign for the Villa as a player, or have I completely dreamt that?

i seem to remember Alan Towers on Midlands Today having a story about him which culminated in a shot of him being driven somewhere in Doug's Roller.

If that's not real then it's a pretty weird dream! 

I think Laudrup would be a disaster for us.

Laudrup has a good knowledge of La Liga and you can pick up some very good players on the cheap there. Also Bony will be looking a steal for what ever he's paid for him.

Bony is now in the same position as Benteke last season and I wonder if Swansea will cash in on him in the summer or risk the second season syndrome with a drop in value?

I'd have no objections to bringing in Michael Laudrup as our manager, if we got taken over.

At his peak he was considered on of the best midfielders in the world. World Class.

In his first season in the PL, he won the league cup.

Edited by Jay.P.A
  • Like 2

I'd have no objections to bringing in Michael Laudrup as our manager, if we got taken over.

At his peak he was considered on of the best midfielders in the world. World Class.

And Villa got into the Semi-finals so that doesn't say too much ;)

He's really not a good manager at all. He's a big name and the players rally around that for a little while but when push comes to shove, the fact that he doesn't bother turning up for training or tactics etc, results taper off and he's shown to be poor at what he does. Same as Keegan. 

• Like 2

But he would come to us as manager..........not world class

He said he was a world-class player, which is most definitely true.

If we get an owner wanting to invest, Benitez for me....can we still sing FSW at him if he is our Manager ?

Definitely no ex-players.

Not Moyes - couldn't stand watching Everton when he was there and he was on the way to making United the same.

Not any of these flash in the pan guys.Poyet, Laudrup....Rosler.etc its all back to the old flavour of the month thing.

I'd rather we ran through a succession of lower League Managers until we found a good one than any of that old crap.

He said he was a world-class player, which is most definitely true.

Yea but the fact that he was a world class player is completely irrelevant when talking about managerial ability. He was on the way down with swansea this season, really cant fathom why people want him so badly. 

As for names like Benitez and Bielsa it seems some poeple need a huge reality check.

Would everyone kick off again if we tried to get McClaren? He's done very well with Derby...

I think that ship has sailed, especially if they get promoted. Lerner should've hired him instead McLeish even if some fans would've been upset.

• Like 1

Would everyone kick off again if we tried to get McClaren? He's done very well with Derby...

I think that ship has sailed, especially if they get promoted. Lerner should've hired him instead McLeish even if some fans would've been upset.

Probably right unfortunately. Also he's probably got more sense than to come here.

Wow...

When I bet on Klinsmann to be next Villa manager last week it was 33-1, down to 6-1 now.

Strange!

It'll be a small market though with no real money going through it. Any money put down, especially on a long shot, will see the odds move quite quickly.

Yeah probably right.