Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Cersei sure has a thing for Danish guys.

I bet if they ever do a LOTR crossover she'll boink Aragorn as well.

The way she enunciates her T’s annoys me as well now. I feel like there is someone off camera shouting “AGAIN, BUT SAY IT MORE MENACINGLY” “NO NO NO DRINK YOUR WINE IN A MORE CUNNING WAY” “NO NO NO THE WAY YOU SAT DOWN WASN’T MEAN ENOUGH”

Edited by Spoony

32 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yara is the most pointless character. She does nothing to aid any story. Just kill the bitch off 

I don't get what she adds either to be honest just like the creep who kidnapped her. He absolutely has a brutal death coming. 

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't get what she adds either to be honest just like the creep who kidnapped her. He absolutely has a brutal death coming. 

At least they managed to tone him down a bit from last season.

Little less goofy this episode.

Euron is a little more interesting in the books, but he's fairly important to the story. Even if you don't have much interest in the Greyjoy arc in general, he's the only reason the Golden Company was able to travel from Essos.

If it were not for Yara, Euron would probably be allied with Daenerys.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Euron is a little more interesting in the books, but he's fairly important to the story. Even if you don't have much interest in the Greyjoy arc in general, he's the only reason the Golden Company was able to travel from Essos.

If it were not for Yara, Euron would probably be allied with Daenerys.

I get Euron’s involvement, plus it means that Cersei has at least one ally. But the whole Yara thing, they could’ve done with just Theon. 

As for Euron going with dany, I think his arrogance would’ve been too much and she’d have him killed.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As for Euron going with dany, I think his arrogance would’ve been too much and she’d have him killed.

Probably, but not until she had his ships.

Remember Euron's assault on Dany's fleet at Casterly Rock? Dany's essentially unbeatable if she has the iron fleet as well. She'd have the biggest army and the biggest fleet, plus 3 dragons, and Cersei wouldn't have been able to buy herself an army. Dany would have been on the throne by now.

But the whole Yara thing, they could’ve done with just Theon. 

They could have, it would have been a bit out of character for Theon though, he was still a broken man at that point.

I don't disagree Yara is a little thin as a character though. A lot of the fringe characters get a lot more attention in the books, and they have far more relatable characters and motives. Yara doesn't even get the right bloody name in the TV show.  The Greyjoy's story at least gets a bit more love than the Dornish storyline, which were absolutely butchered by the show writers. 

Just watched it.

The next episode will be fun.

Given that there has been no fighting and there being only 4 episodes left, they will race through them even quicker than they have done before. I don't expect there to be many twists left other than the Dany/Jon plot. I'd love to see Cersei as the Night Queen though!

• Like 1

All the talk about the crypts makes me think the Night King is going to raise all the dead Starks in the crypts during the battle. They spent that whole episode setting that up.

Also the Brienne moment was fantastic but she's surely gonna die now

That was awful. Killing time, that was. Several cringey scenes and bad writing. Major cataclysm coming up, I expect we'll be seeing the last of some major characters. The thing that made GoT such a success was the human element, the relationships and power dynamics. Massive CGI battles with dragon fire and the undead are cool, but it seems fitting that the second half of the season looks like it will be white walker-free and the human battle for the iron throne will kick off.

Edited by maqroll

Never watched a full episode. Started to watch it once and some lad was messing with his sister or mother cant remember which. I moved forward on my seat and Mrs T said that's enough of that. Never been on our telly since 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A third of the final season is over. I really can't fathom how they can wrap everything up in 4 episodes, some of which will just be battles. This show is going to have "Lost" levels of disappointment as it comes to a close I think.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â