Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

3 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Okay so where's the best place to get caught up* with this? I'd rather watch something but without needing to get through a load of episodes again. Someone told me there was a two-hour recap on Sky a week or two ago but I can't seem to find even a mention of it anywhere - anyone got any ideas?

Also I hope they all die. And Stannis comes back to become king, as he should be.

*edit: Just to be clear I have seen it all; I just need a memory jog. Was considering watching the last episode of season 7 but if there's something that recaps more than that so I'm up to speed on where all the plot lines are then I'd prefer it.

I recommend a channel called FilmCram on YouTube for GoT recaps.

16 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Someone told me there was a two-hour recap on Sky a week or two ago but I can't seem to find even a mention of it anywhere - anyone got any ideas?

It’s called Game of Thrones: the story so far, it was on again last night/early this morning, but you can also go to the Sky Atlantic on demand to see it, otherwise here it is on youtube:

Yep, for as much as I said (and stand by) the sopranos* and the wire were better series I don't think there will have ever been a TV event like the finale of this, can remember the buzz around lost finishing and BB but this will be 10x that

*sopranos finale on E4 after they dropped it from channel 4 at something like 11pm on a Tuesday night with hardly any coverage was an absolute shambles 

• Like 1

I've watched it all, mostly because I wouldn't have anyone to talk to at lunch if I didn't, but I just don't get the fuzz. 

It's a well made show and I enjoy it, but it's not that bloody great. Same stuff over and over. Dragons, swords, tits, some character drops dead you didn't expect, repeat. 

Doesn't hold a candle to really really good shows like The Wire, Sopranos and what not. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've watched it all, mostly because I wouldn't have anyone to talk to at lunch if I didn't, but I just don't get the fuzz. 

It's a well made show and I enjoy it, but it's not that bloody great. Same stuff over and over. Dragons, swords, tits, some character drops dead you didn't expect, repeat. 

Doesn't hold a candle to really really good shows like The Wire, Sopranos and what not. 

I'll give you The Wire, but what not sucked.

• Like 1

So it's begun.

As expected a really entertaining episode, not a dull moment.

But at the same time they are as expected just blasting through the story at an ridiculous pace with some rather major happenings only getting a short scenes  and there is a lot of fans service.

Spoiler

Whoever thought dragons were such voyeurs, was there even a tiny leer on the dragons face there?

Edit: Arya and The Onion Knight remain my favorites.

Spoiler

And Tormund of course

Edited by sne

Spoiler

Plenty more building blocks in place. Next week appears to be when the shit will truly hit the fan - I wonder if there will be some disappointment from certain sections of the fandom that it wasn't this week? As @sne says, though, an awful lot happened.

Also, goddamn John Bradley (Samwell Tarly) is a terrific actor. 

Edited by hogso

Your usual 'let's check in with everyone' series opener, but with the pacing turned up to a million. It takes something away from the impact of some of what is going on when everything is at an absolutely breakneck speed with no chance to breathe.

Except an indulgent dragon riding scene.

Some intriguing stuff, good to have everyone back, rest of the series hopefully can take the turbo speed foundation this put in place and do something with it.

• Like 1

While there is still so much to happen, the action is really concentrated in a couple of places now instead of spread out over lots of different storylines. As such I imagine 6 eps will be enough.

Interesting start, and as others have said, really fast paced for GoT. Well set up for the rest of the series.

There would be another 133 minutes, but they blew the budget on that bizarre, Disneyesque dragon scene. What the hell was that? 

Good episode generally, it's bound to feel rushed though. Frustrating that there's been so much filler in the earlier seasons, especially season 5 and 6,but now we're out of time just when things are really getting interesting. 

Edited by Davkaus

Â