Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

13 hours ago, The_Rev said:

We are very different people then. GoT was at its best when it was full of smouldering political tension, the characters had believable motivations and nobody was safe from dying. It's since turned into Michael Bay with tits and dragons with a collection of immortal heroes and villains. 

I found it dragged at the start. I get it was charchter development but until the first major death it was very slow. The parts with Jon snow and the wildings just dragged.

It got really good when Jon snow was aligned with the wildlings. Yes the red wedding was arguably one of the best scenes. But there was a lot of "fast forward boring parts"

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I found it dragged at the start. I get it was charchter development but until the first major death it was very slow. The parts with Jon snow and the wildings just dragged.

I think it's a shame really. There was nothing else like it, I thought that first season was the best, and now it's turned in to a favourite of the superhero show fans. :P 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's a shame really. There was nothing else like it, I thought that first season was the best, and now it's turned in to a favourite of the superhero show fans. :P 

I thought the first was the worst 

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I thought the first was the worst 

I think over 80+ hours of material it's one of the best shows produced.

I re-watched it last winter and while not every episode is gold I didn't really feel the need to fast forward at any time.

I do think the writing has slipped in quality towards the end when they've not had Martin's ready source material to use (or Martin has rushed it?) 

But since I grew up reading a lot of Fantasy as a kid I think they've really managed to build a world here and create something not seen before.

For good or bad they've also paved the way for upcoming series about Robert Jordan's Wheel of Times epic and for a Tolkien Lord of the Rings world series.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I think over 80+ hours of material it's one of the best shows produced.

I re-watched it last winter and while not every episode is gold I didn't really feel the need to fast forward at any time.

I do think the writing has slipped in quality towards the end when they've not had Martin's ready source material to use (or Martin has rushed it?) 

But since I grew up reading a lot of Fantasy as a kid I think they've really managed to build a world here and create something not seen before.

For good or bad they've also paved the way for upcoming series about Robert Jordan's Wheel of Times epic and for a Tolkien Lord of the Rings world series.

It's the only television show that has sparked my interest enough to watch in it's entirety other than The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Edit: I might've seen every episode of the Dragon Ball series but that was as a child.

Edited by A'Villan

The series is excellent through to series 4. Series 4 is uneven, but still has some excellent moments, and after that the writing takes a dive. By series 7 it's outright dumb in parts, but still an enjoyable watch. It's just that those first 3 series are **** excellent.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2018 at 14:51, Chindie said:

The series is excellent through to series 4. Series 4 is uneven, but still has some excellent moments, and after that the writing takes a dive. By series 7 it's outright dumb in parts, but still an enjoyable watch. It's just that those first 3 series are **** excellent.

Yep I think I'd agree with this.

Series 1-3 are incredible. 4 is ok and 5 drops off a cliff completely. I think that was the series where every episode was just people walking around. The story hadn't come together yet so everyone was still spread out in tiny groups, so nothing happened.

6 and 7 definitely improved again, although they went in a totally different direction. It's more action based, gets rid of the long interim parts and also seems to have dumped the shock value of the show, where nobody is safe fro being killed off. They're still miles behind the peak of the show.

I have high hopes for the final season, but I don't think they'll top those first 3 seasons.

• Like 1

Listening to the music, it sounded like it was inspired by the Westworld series.  I had my headphones on when I hit play, but wasn't really looking at the screen (working from home/multi tasking)  and I thought maybe I had hit play on a Westworld trailer by mistake.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Theories anyone? 

I think we will see a lot of deaths this year

yep, going to be hard for them to keep the impact with so many deaths

i think one of jaime or brienne is going in a scene together which if its jaime should be the biggest death

cleganebowl will happen 

euron with the golden company will have some sort of deceit 

jon is blatantly flying on a dragon and has been edited out of the trailer

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, going to be hard for them to keep the impact with so many deaths

i think one of jaime or brienne is going in a scene together which if its jaime should be the biggest death

cleganebowl will happen 

euron with the golden company will have some sort of deceit 

jon is blatantly flying on a dragon and has been edited out of the trailer

My theory is that the King of the dead will go to Kings landing kill cersai and make her queen of the dead. 

I think Jamie will be killed as well along with the hound. I'm hoping they kill sansa off

Â