Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

so someone who has read the books, without spoilers can they tell us where we are with each strand of plot in relation to each book.

ie: Bran current position from book 4?

Khaleesi's current position from book 5?

etc...

It's all over the place at the moment.  The stuff where Theon got his cock chopped off was in TV series 3 but it was in book 5.  You kinda have to understand how the books were written though, they have a number of "point of view" characters and chapters will be written from that persons point of view before moving onto somebody else and then coming back, for example Dany (Khaleesi) is a point of view character in the book but Daario Naharis isnt so he only appears when she sees him. Tyrion is a point of view character. Jon Snow is a point of view character. Bran is a point of view character.  Sometimes these characters will meet each other and you will get to see one persons side of the story or the other.   This can mean that the timeline is crazy though, for example there are major major major characters who don't appear at all in book 4 but are very active in book 5 because books 4 & 5 take place in different parts of the world at the same time.  It's very odd.  If you have 100+ hours to spare some bloke has uploaded all the audibooks to YouTube though! 

http://youtu.be/ojGJZoBwIIU

10314741_509205079186287_549406867390321

OMG - how old is that photo?

and on a similar note, how old are Sansa and Aria currently in real-life?

Google says it was taken in 2009 in Belfast.  

Sophie Turner who plays Sansa is 18 in real life, she was probably 17 when she was filming the current season though.  She lives locally too, Leamington Spa.  I sound like a stalker saying that but she has travelled on the trains between Leamington Spa and London which I work on a few times recently. 

Maisie Williams who plays Ayra is 17. She would have been 16 when they filmed the current season as she only celebrated her 17th birthday last month. 

Was going to start reading these but after reading Revs post Ill think Ill stick with the TV series.

I cant imagine having time to read 1 of the books now, never mind the series.

Peter Dinklage abso-****-lutely nailed it!! That scene was awesome and makes up for the shows changes to his relationship with Shae.

Peter Dinklage: I'm guilty.... of winning an Emmy!

Rest of the episode was OK, but the end just made the episode brilliant. Can't wait to see episode 8 now :D !

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Why do the Lannister's suddenly trust the foreign prince (who wants to kill them) so much that they let him sit in judgement of Tyrion?

He's not foreign really.  Oberon is a prince of Dorne which is the most southerly of the seven kingdoms of Westeros.

Westeros is kinda like the UK where multiple countries make up a larger nation (or I guess like the USA where multiple states make up a larger nation) and Kings Landing/the Lannisters are trying to align themselves with Dorne as a show of strength against the factions they are still at war with. Oberon is mostly interested in getting even with the man who killed his sister, he doesn't need to start a war about it. 

Â