Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I, Claudius is magnificent but it doesn't have the spectacle and budget that attracts a lot of people to GoT. It is a better show by far imo, but it is effectively very good actors chewing up the scenery while appearing to lounge around in leftover gear from some film production.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Yes it's pretty low budget and I read somewhere shot on videotape which also dates it. HBO have the rights to the books now, which should add the budget, to the storyline. George RR Martin is a fan, and was rumoured to involved in the remake at one stage.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Soooooooooo.....the plot to Season 7 has apparently leaked online, anyone brave enough to look? 

Why would I ruin it for myself ? :)  So, nope!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hollywood Reporter say their 'sources' confirm that the final series will be 6 episodes long. Of course, it doesn't say how long those 6 episodes are. A feature length opener and closer, perhaps?

50 minutes ago, hogso said:

Hollywood Reporter say their 'sources' confirm that the final series will be 6 episodes long. Of course, it doesn't say how long those 6 episodes are. A feature length opener and closer, perhaps?

It was known a year ago that the last two would be a total of thirteen episodes combined.

So given this one is seven episodes, their "sources" are basically an abacus.

• Like 1

Aha! I wasn't aware that the total episodes remaining was already announced - or had forgotten. I take it though that the running time of said episodes was not? So we could still see a few longer eps amongst those 13.

I've nearly caught up now. Battle of the Bastards next up. Can't wait.

Spoiler

Also, Hodor nearly made me cry. What a great episode

I'm hoping to see Tyrion revealed to be a Targ in season 7. The dragons loved him.

On 29/06/2016 at 13:32, PieFacE said:

Ah yeah, I didn't know if I kinda mis-heard that bit. So now the dead can fight for the living too, as he put it? 

I assumed all the dead which were brought back to life were following TNK. 

As I understood it he was on the brink of death after being stabbed and left for dead to turn by a WW and the Children of the Forest stopped him turning by putting the shard of dragon glass in his chest. So he's in a sort of purgatory. The ancient spells carved into the wall stops the dead from crossing into the North but I assume when the WW eventually see to that he'll be able to come back.

Not watched the trailers or read this thread so please don't quote giving anything away. 

Just rewatched the Red Wedding, you forget how good that episode is. So much happens and then that ending. Awesome tv!

Watching the Mountain and The Viper now, that ending again brilliant. 

Building up to watch season 6 again before next season starts 

• 1 month later...

Solid premiere. The Stark allied little lady-warrior steals the show for me, she deserves her own spinoff! Everything else was pretty tidy and it looks like battle lines have been drawn for the big clash.

Edited by maqroll

Â