Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

9 minutes ago, AJ said:

That's a shame.

Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones. Its not that big a deal.

I know, I've no idea why people feel the need to give him grief about it. Its not as if he can just turn up on set and tell them he's in the show. Someone has asked him or approved it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

I enjoyed it, especially as a guy who works for me said it was shit (he's in America so saw it early).

Arya is a badass, she was the most exciting bit for me. She may steal the show in the end.

I really don't see the big deal with Sheeran. There was a massive, more obvious cameo for Thomas Turgoose as well but nobody has even mentioned him.

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it was pretty much to be expected, told you where everyone was and what they'll be doing, couple of good moments, one in particular really shit moment, one part which im sure was a good link back to something from a few years back but i cant remember it, didnt feel rushed, think we might have a couple of political episodes coming up as the pieces shift around, jon going to dragonstone etc with maybe yuron creating some action scenes

Spoiler

This link?

2zgn86wzi2az.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AJ said:

That's a shame.

Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones. Its not that big a deal.

I can't stand the bloke but as someone who doesn't have social media (except for here) I really don't like the idea of the poor fella being so bombarded with negativity he has to take his account off. 

People should be more like me and bitch about him behind his back so he doesn't know. 

Nb just found out from the missus that he turned his twitter off 3 weeks ago, nothing to do with GoT. She'd know!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I really don't see the big deal with Sheeran. There was a massive, more obvious cameo for Thomas Turgoose as well but nobody has even mentioned him.

Never heard of him, and wouldn't recognise him in  a lineup. I expect a lot of GoT viewers wouldn't.

Sheeran's appearance didn't ruin the episode for me, but it's a bit jarring seeing one of the most recognisable celebrities that's bloody everywhere pop up in the middle of an episode. I can see why it'd annoy people, it breaks the immersion a bit.

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"ive never heard that song before"

"its a new one"

**** off! wouldnt mind if turgoose did a couple of episodes, with him there as well i did sit there trying to work out if the others were all in some sort of directors mates super cameo scene, didnt know who the 3rd bloke was though (darker longer hair)

Edit: @Chindie:lol: yep pretty much

Edited by villa4europe

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well, one of them is one of the biggest pop stars in the world and the other is somebody only a Shane Meadows aficionado would even recognize.

That's probably the reason.

• Like 1

I had no idea who Turgoose was til I wiki'd him. Not sure how having an actor getting a cameo role in a series where he is required to, well, act, is comparable to a singer whose only acting pedigree is looking like the ginger bloke from Harry Potter.

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hadn't heard that Sheeran was having a cameo. When the song started up, I thought "What a crap tune", then the camera pointed out the culprit.

It's a song from the books. A singer writes it to blackmail Tyrion about his and Shae's relationship when he is Hand, ("hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm") and says he'll sing it to Cersei unless he can sing at Joffrey's wedding.

So Tyrion has Bronn kill him and he ends up in a stew.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Sheeran, straight to camera, with a nod wink and sly smile

'It's a new one'

**** off.

Yeah, proper cringey. But I guess it's the producers / directors / editors choice to leave it in.

57 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Well, one of them is one of the biggest pop stars in the world and the other is somebody only a Shane Meadows aficionado would even recognize.

That's probably the reason.

So people are annoyed because they recognised someone?

Seems odd.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

So people are annoyed because they recognised someone?

Seems odd.

No, people are annoyed because they recognised someone they hate and the way the cameo was filmed was gut wrenchingly awful

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I had no idea who Turgoose was til I wiki'd him. Not sure how having an actor getting a cameo role in a series where he is required to, well, act, is comparable to a singer whose only acting pedigree is looking like the ginger bloke from Harry Potter.

I guess I thought Turgoose was more famous than he is.

It still seems like people are annoyed because they recognised someone.

They've had plenty of musical cameos before. Sigur Ros, Snow Patrol, (a member of) Coldplay to name a few.
They were singing too. Outrageous!

This basically boils down to "I recognise that guy and I don't like him"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, people are annoyed because they recognised someone they hate and the way the cameo was filmed was gut wrenchingly awful

I've no problem with commenting on the line. It was a bit cheesey.

But you only have to read this thread to see that that's not why a lot of people are angry. They're angry because of the first part of your sentence. They recognised somebody they hate.

Which is mental.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've no problem with commenting on the line. It was a bit cheesey.

But you only have to read this thread to see that that's not why a lot of people are angry. They're angry because of the first part of your sentence. They recognised somebody they hate.

Which is mental.

I disagree, Imagine the scene exactly the same but finishes with Arya lopping off the ginger pricks head. Praise from all quarters. It's largely about the way it was filmed

Â