Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm filling the void by watching it all again from the start.

It's amazing how much of the current storylines are talked about or hinted at right from the start. The Lyanna/Rob/Rhaegar storyline was obviously planned from day 1 (which I guess is the advantage of having most of the source material laid out already) as the foundations are laid literally in the first episode.

Yes, the first three seasons in particular have a lot of foreshadowing of recent events but that really only highlights that the story was originally meant to be a trilogy of books. Seasons 4 & 5 were largely filler and now we are getting to the meat of the story again. I really wish the show took the time jump that GRRM planned and made the series leaner.

Anyway, I'm filling the void by watching Vikings. Different kind of show but I'm into it.

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Yes, the first three seasons in particular have a lot of foreshadowing of recent events but that really only highlights that the story was originally meant to be a trilogy of books. Seasons 4 & 5 were largely filler and now we are getting to the meat of the story again. I really wish the show took the time jump that GRRM planned and made the series leaner.

Anyway, I'm filling the void by watching Vikings. Different kind of show but I'm into it.

Yeah seasons 4 and 5 weren't great. I've said it numerous times in here.

Season 5 was ok because it finished strongly, imo. But Season 4 was genuinely poor, and by the start of season 5 I was close to giving up on it, but luckily it came good again.

I think this show is better watched in bulk rather than waiting a week between episodes. The same probably could be said of most shows, but I think it's especially true of this one.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's amazing how much of the current storylines are talked about or hinted at right from the start. The Lyanna/Rob/Rhaegar storyline was obviously planned from day 1 (which I guess is the advantage of having most of the source material laid out already) as the foundations are laid literally in the first episode.

I'd be a bit sad if I rewatched again. I only saw it first time, this time last year and have already rewatched once.

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'd be a bit sad if I rewatched again. I only saw it first time, this time last year and have already rewatched once.

Read the books then, that's my plan for after I finish the second run through.

• Like 1

There's some videos up on youtube 'the complete histories and lore, animated shorts'. I don't think I'd watch them myself but might be good for someone looking for a Game of Thrones fix. There's five of them I think and they're about an hour each, also narrated by actors from the show.

• Like 1

This best be a joke...

Nooooo

Apparently they're going to put back the premiere date for season seven because 'Winter is here' so they want to air it in winter.

****. That.

The pair revealed on the UFC unfiltered podcast: "We don't have an air date yet but this year will probably be a little bit later.

"We're starting a bit later because at the end of this season, 'Winter is here' - and that means that sunny weather doesn't really serve our purposes any more.

18 months without an episode, big risk, I'd have thought it would be down to HBO too, assuming west world gets renewed and that's their autumn / winter program, the leftovers is finishing, true detective I think and vinyl haven't been renewed, it's leaves them with a big hole

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

18 months without an episode, big risk, I'd have thought it would be down to HBO too, assuming west world gets renewed and that's their autumn / winter program, the leftovers is finishing, true detective I think and vinyl haven't been renewed, it's leaves them with a big hole

I literally didn't understand anything you said there. . I clearly don't watch enough telly! 

:D

american TV is split more than ours in to designated seasons, spring and fall, each studio will have slots to fill for each season, HBO have scrapped a load of stuff and don't have that much new stuff coming, the one big thing they have coming is called westworld, it'll be their big fall TV show

if they pull GoT from its current slot they have nothing to replace it with meaning HBOs two biggest shows being on at the same time

its like how ITV shows downtown in the autumn and Mr selfridge in the spring, having them both running at the same time doesn't make sense 

12 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

GOT flashback season or side story season next....untill that twonk finishes that bloody book 

I think they've given up on that.  We're just going to have to take it as two different stories with the same ending.

The winter comment from the show runners wasnt to do with showing it in the winter, it was to do with filming it in the winter and the show will probably start a month or so later than this year.

There is talk of a spinoff when the show wraps up in 2018. I see no reason why not, cuz they're already winging it this past season. 

A prequel could be VERY cool.

• Like 2

On July 4, 2016 at 19:10, Stevo985 said:

I'm doing the same...skipping through some of the more tedious plot lines, but The Rains of Castamere...so **** good. And the whole saga of Ned Stark in season 1...great stuff. He was too naive.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

There is talk of a spinoff when the show wraps up in 2018. I see no reason why not, cuz they're already winging it this past season. 

A prequel could be VERY cool.

There is so much they can do with prequels:

They can back to the start of when man first arrived in Westeros (I think that's how the wall and white walkers were made)

They can show the rise of the targaryeans.

They can show Roberts rebellion

The show is making that much money and is that popular they'd be stupid not to do something ala Better Call Saul.

Â