Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Solid premiere. The Stark allied little lady-warrior steals the show for me, she deserves her own spinoff! Everything else was pretty tidy and it looks like battle lines have been drawn for the big clash.

Yep. Trouble with openers is you need to reintroduce everyone but it was 55 mins long so plenty of time for it. A bit too long on Sam for me through.

• Like 3

it was pretty much to be expected, told you where everyone was and what they'll be doing, couple of good moments, one in particular really shit moment, one part which im sure was a good link back to something from a few years back but i cant remember it, didnt feel rushed, think we might have a couple of political episodes coming up as the pieces shift around, jon going to dragonstone etc with maybe yuron creating some action scenes

• Like 1

Solid and enjoyable first episode. Wouldn't be much to spoil if you tried. Everything happened pretty much as expected. No complaints - it's very much just setting up the pieces for what's to come.

However, 0/10 for the episode - solely because of Ed **** Sheeran. Worst, least subtle and all round shittest cameo I've ever seen. I don't begrudge him his success but STAY AWAY FROM THINGS I LIKE, YOU word removed!

• Like 4

I hadn't heard that Sheeran was having a cameo. When the song started up, I thought "What a crap tune", then the camera pointed out the culprit. Luckily they moved on from the scene pretty quickly and the episode was a good one. Shark-jump moment averted.

Yeah usual series opener, let's catch up with everyone and set all the pieces again. Nearly nothing bad, not a lot to blow you away. You can also see the extended budget, everything looks a little more expensive, everything's shot a little more sumptuously.

The bad bit? That cameo. What were they thinking? There's been cameos before but they've been subtle, hell Sigur Ros appeared full screen in series 4 and next to nobody noticed. This? They may as well have had a caption. And he's such an awkward presence why did anyone think it was a good idea. Also Thomas Turgoose was sat next to him. At least he is an actor.

Otherwise? Good episode. The Hound is basically the best character at this point, which is saying something when the show has basically been a Darwinian experiment in killing off characters to keep the cream of the crop. Mostly. Bran can go **** himself.

Also, great opener.

The pieces are set.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I hadn't heard that Sheeran was having a cameo. When the song started up, I thought "What a crap tune", then the camera pointed out the culprit. Luckily they moved on from the scene pretty quickly and the episode was a good one. Shark-jump moment averted.

Hopefully Arya will kill him, his troops are going to try to rape her imo as they weren't drinking the wine so bound to be drugged.

Far too much time on Sam although the link to jorah is interesting.

Loved Sansa cutting little finger down.

Lady Mormont is class.

14 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep. Trouble with openers is you need to reintroduce everyone but it was 55 mins long so plenty of time for it. A bit too long on Sam for me through.

I'm not surprised you were through Sam being on you too long!

Its already been said, but wtf was Ed Sheeran doing invading my favourite TV show. I hear enough of that ginger word removed with the missus and the kids. So when I sit down on my own to watch the little bit of TV i get to watch in peace, I don't expect to hear him. 

Other than that was happy with episode. 

I do however hope if his mug pops up in the next episode, its to have his throat slit or better yet his tongue cut out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That poop/soup 80's montage. :puke:

That was a bit too gimmicky for me. Along with Sheeran, the two weakest parts of the episode, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

So is Hodor going to be joining up with the Night King's army, considering he died at the hands of the white walkers? 

Good guess. It would make for a pretty stunning scene if they did it right.

I just read that Ed Sheeran has deleted his Twitter account following is completely pointless and unrequired cameo.

Shouldnt it be the producers / directors getting it in the next rather than him? 

It was bizarre though, I was waiting for a caption to appear with "Tickets for the 2018 tour on sale on Friday at 10am". 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I just read that Ed Sheeran has deleted his Twitter account following is completely pointless and unrequired cameo.

Shouldnt it be the producers / directors getting it in the next rather than him? 

It was bizarre though, I was waiting for a caption to appear with "Tickets for the 2018 tour on sale on Friday at 10am". 

That's a shame.

Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones. Its not that big a deal.

Â