Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

It feels like a long time since we got a result at Selhurst.

Can't see where goals are coming from and with our comedy defence am expecting a fairly heavy defeat. Especially when you throw Pulis's ability to get results against Villa into the mix. 0-3 loss.

You know it would just be like us when everyone is expecting a defeat against Palace that we pull one out of the bag and get a win. I sincerely hope this is the case because if we do then we should be safe.

Following that news:

GK Guzan

RB Lowton

CB Vlaar

CB Clark

LB Bertrand

CM El Ahmadi

CM Westwood

CM Delph

RW Albrighton

ST Holt

LW Agbonlahor

Subs: Steer, Baker, Bennett, Tonev, Weimann, Sylla, Robinson.

Otherwise good line-up, but no Bacuna? Even on the bench?

Crikey, I knew I'd forgotten someone! I'd put him on the bench instead of Sylla.

Lambert only rotates a few starting positions, its hard enough for him to start Albrigton in two games let alone think of including Tonev.

as exciting as it gets might be Clark or Lowton make an appearence.

anyone with the faint possibility of changing a match will be out of the squad or on the bench and stay there.

sorry i'm so jaded by this season and the fact that before any given game it is absolutely impossible to muster any optimism anymore.

We only beat Norwich (the last team around or beneath us we managed to beat) because of some outrageous skill from Benteke that seemed to motivate the whole team - as Lambert is incapable of doing this. So no idea what slice of luck or random form will come into play here. I wouldn't bank on Gabby or Weimann turning up though.

• Like 1

Tonev is quick, direct and seems to keep possession so I agree that he maybe should start.

Weimann for me has been very poor this season and someone else deserves his place.

Regarding the match, Palace are in form we are not and I suspect Pulis will get his team more motivated than us; I also imagine they can be physical which reflects his own personality as a manager so they will win that battle. We are so lightweight at times, like against Stoke who bullied us and I presume Palace will do the same.

I'm fully expecting a 3-1 defeat.

Can't see anything other than a loss.

I'm not even going to bother watching this one, tired of Villa ruining my Saurday evenings, I'm off out on the razzle instead well away from any tv or football, if we do happen to get a win, I can always watch it on the replay.

Id like to see Gabby upfront and replace Benteke. Wiemann and Albrighton in the wide forward roles.

Gabby up top and through the middle causes so many problems for defenders. Holt scored but i dont think he can effectively last 90 minutes.. bring him on when everyone is tiring.

Wonder if Palace have any spies out at Bodymoor today.

Why would they ?

Somehow they received Cardiff's team 24 hours before the game. Crystal Palace won 3-0.

They probably just went on CardiffTalk and read posts by Haeryhands

• Like 3

Can't see where goals are coming from and with our comedy defence am expecting a fairly heavy defeat. Especially when you throw Pulis's ability to get results against Villa into the mix. 0-3 loss.

We’ll probably lose, intact we will. But our defence is not that comedy these days, we haven’t been properly hammered in a while (as in by 4 or 5 clear goals) and usually lose by the odd one.

We’ll probably lose, intact we will. But our defence is not that comedy these days, we haven’t been properly hammered in a while (as in by 4 or 5 clear goals) and usually lose by the odd one.

We've conceded 10 goals in the last 3 games, and only lost one of those by the odd goal. I see no real reason to be positive about this game. 3-0 Palace for me. 

• Like 1

I'd probably go with

Guzan

Lowton  Vlaar  Clark  Bertrand

Westwood

KEA                        Delph

Albrighton    Gabby   Weimann

I know theres calls for Weimann to be dropped but I have little faith in Tonev and i honestly don't think Holt will be effective against Palace.

I expect PL to go with:

-------------Guzan----------------

Bacuna---Vlaar---Baker---Bertrand

---KEA------Westwood-----Delph---

---Weimann----Holt-----Gabby-----

I'd like to see

-------------Guzan----------------

Bacuna---Vlaar---Clark---Bertrand

---KEA------Westwood-----Delph---

Albrighton----Gabby------Tonev

or

-------------Guzan---------------

Lowton---Vlaar---Clark---Bertrand

------------Westwood-------------

---KEA-----------------Delph-----

-------------Bacuna--------------

--------Robinson----Gabby--------

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

Gabby is at his best when he gets behind defenders - his pace hurts teams. However this season he always seems to be in the middle of the park where he is ineffective.

If he was played up top then at least we can play to that strength. That said, I think he'll start Holt.

I'd probably go with

Guzan

Lowton  Vlaar  Clark  Bertrand

Westwood

KEA                        Delph

Albrighton    Gabby   Weimann

I know theres calls for Weimann to be dropped but I have little faith in Tonev and i honestly don't think Holt will be effective against Palace.

Bacuna in for Lowton and I'm with you Paul.

I'm feeling confident we can get a result here.