Leicester City

Villan4Life

They're a strangely brilliant side.

They're like a perfect storm of confidence, personnel, manager and timing.

I don't, for example, think Ranieri is much cop, and I can't imagine him taking charge of, say, Norwich and steering them to similar heights.

Everything has just worked. I actually can see them winning the league now. But I bet next season they'll be back to average.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't, for example, think Ranieri is much cop, and I can't imagine him taking charge of, say, Norwich and steering them to similar heights.

Everything has just worked. I actually can see them winning the league now. But I bet next season they'll be back to average.

I really wish they could win the league a stick 2 fingers to sky and all their best league on the world bs... but I imagine that the Manc City chaps will be extra motivated with Pelli leaving, as he just seems like one of the most decent guys going. I know, I'd be busting a gut for him anyway.

Would quite like them to do it just for Ranieri.

Been pretty much a runner up in his career so finally winning a league title and probably with the least resourced club side he's managed in the last 20 years if you discount some of the early Italian teams he managed.

He's proved me wrong aswell, thought he was well passed it as a manager after his spell with Greece and I'd have reacted with horror if we'd appointed him at any point in the last 2 years.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Last team I remember to upset the apple cart was Valencia. From memory, they were pillaged and returned to normal service the next season.

I see the same thing happening with Leicester....

... but I still want them to win it

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Last team I remember to upset the apple cart was Valencia. From memory, they were pillaged and returned to normal service the next season.

I see the same thing happening with Leicester....

... but I still want them to win it

ironically Valencia went downhill after Rafa left and replaced him with Ranieri who brought in a load of Italians and ruined the balance of the team

I somehow get the feeling that even Leicester hung on to all their players they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as they are this season, next year. Right now just seems to be be the perfect storm for them.

• Like 1

ABC - Anyone but City, 

Don't mind if Arsenal or Spurs also win but Leicester winning would be terrific. They really ought as minimum now get into the champions league as well, but next two are critical. City away is the fixture I most want them to win or at least draw. It would be so depressing for City to win this league after all the excitement. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Ranieri has made a few people eat their words.

True.  I believe alphabetti spaghetti is the first thing he put on the canteen menu.

This is the sort of stuff that used to happen in the 80s so even though it won't spark off a new era of promoted teams challenging for the league it's still good for the game.

I'm pretty sure back then Watford came up one year and finished 2nd as did Southampton. Maybe West Ham aswell. Forest of course started it all off. Of course you still had a team who majorly dominated in those days  (Liverpool) but there were so many different teams who'd finish 2nd-5th each season and of course the premier league gradually killed that and made the top 4 a closed shop unless you're bankrolled to 100s of millions.

So Leicester who spent 10 years away from the premier league, who I saw play at Walsall in 2009 and are only in the second season back up are giving everyone small hope it could be them one day if they plan well enough.

Even us in a sorry state but you never know, a lot can change in 5 years in football for better or worse.

• Like 1

Article on the web this week about how Vardy was due to join Sheff wed last season  for £5m but weds couldn't come up with the money

funny how things turn out isn't it ...

Â