Leicester City

Villan4Life

28 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

When is that "they will start to drop away soon" happening? Armchair pundits have been predicting it since November. 

They are about to hit the real acid test.  Next two games are Manchester City (A) and Arsenal (A).  I think if they come through that unbeaten then you'd probably have to make them favourites.   Even if they lose both games, which is reasonably likely, you'd back them for at least the top four.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They are about to hit the real acid test.  Next two games are Manchester City (A) and Arsenal (A).  I think if they come through that unbeaten then you'd probably have to make them favourites.   

Someone else's work but...

Market has city finishing 6.5 points ahead of lcfc atm. If Leicester beat city (city expected to take 2.25points from that game) then they will be 1.5 to 2 points behind city. So they will only become favourites if they beat both city and arsenal. (arsenal will also probably expect to take around ~2.x points from that game) Unbeaten alone isn't enough for 'favourites' 

Edited by gharperr

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

When is that "they will start to drop away soon" happening? Armchair pundits have been predicting it since November. 

same people that say they are only top because we lost the plot against them ;)

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

They are about to hit the real acid test.  Next two games are Manchester City (A) and Arsenal (A).  I think if they come through that unbeaten then you'd probably have to make them favourites.   Even if they lose both games, which is reasonably likely, you'd back them for at least the top four.  

plus they are also helped by Arsenal still being in 3 competitions and City 4

I'm torn on it .... I don't think they are actually that  good a  team and I don't like their brand of subtle borderline thuggery  (from what I saw at VP )  but obviously I don't want Citeh to buy it and I don't think I could suffer deluded Spurs fans if they won it , which leaves Arsenal and well lets face it they will choke anyway so we can discount them from the discussion

next season will be the interesting one for Leicester as having overachieved by such a margin with some fairly average players (Huth , Albrighton etc) next season will likely be an anti climax for them and this time next year they will probably be in a relegation battle :) 

Edited by tonyh29

Well that's it Tony.  This will be a once-off and it could be donkeys years before someone so unexpected gets anywhere near achieving it.  So we may aswell let the madness reign.  It's not like Leicester will become the newest member of the elite.  They'll be raped and pillaged and be back to normality in a few years with one hell of a tale to tell and this season will forever be a spanner in the works of the Premier League.  If I thought for a second that Leicester could sustain the level in any way, shape or form i.e. threaten our status as (long term) kings of the midlands then I mightn't be quite as magnanimous, but they won't, so I am :)

I hate Vardy with a passion but I really hope Leicester can finish the job. They play an effective brand of football which is at least attacking and entertaining compared to other long ball managers like Allardyce and Putrid

• Like 1

Â