Weekends football 22/23 March

andykeenan

If anything, it's a hit and hope from Rooney. Keeper gifts it to him by misjudging it completely.

I thought it was great vision, awareness and execution.

It was, it was also awful goalkeeping and should never have been a goal

If anything, it's a hit and hope from Rooney. Keeper gifts it to him by misjudging it completely.

I thought it was great vision, awareness and execution.

This.

It isn't a FIFA video game where he has a power bar and a button to press, the vision to see him off his line as well as getting the correct trajectory for it to go in is very good. Of course, for £300,000 a week you **** expect it.

I see Sky, BBC etc still wanking furiously over that Rooney goal. I know it took a bit of skill and vision to see the goalie miles off his line, but what the **** was the stumbling goalie doing there in the first place?

Emphatically not goal of the season, not even in the top 5, but they are already comparing it to Beckham in 1996 for some reason and it's Spudface so of course it will get goal of the season.

Fair play to OGS, i'm a not a fan of him but i'd have answered the question in the same way. He's the Cardiff manager and they're struggling, so why on earth should be answer questions about Liverpool?

On the Rooney goal, yes it was very good but if it was a West Ham player who did it then it wouldn't be getting the same levels of adulation, 

Riiiiight, which idiot at the BBC decided Russell Brand was a good idea for MOTD later? Well I won't be watching that then.

I can picture his "expert analysis" already:

"Forsooth! The whole basis of football is a preexisting paradigm which is quite narrow and only serves a few people, I look elsewhere for alternatives that might be of service to the working classes, like aguvedic yoga, heroin, bonking other people's wives and selling my Booky Wook (at all good bookshops, I may add, darlings)! Apart from West Ham of course, I love them so much. Did I mention West Ham yet?

"On Man City's 5-0 demolition, that we are invited to anticipate weekly, we could otherwise delight in the Faustian justice of the righteous dispatch of a fast-living, sequin-spattered denizen. We are tacitly instructed to await the other team's demise with necrophilic sanctimony. But when the end comes and the Shifty Shiekh's oil money tap is turned off, it will be deserved. Man City provoke indignation, luridly baiting us with the sidebar that scrolls from the headline down to hell".

"Arsenal's demise today on Arsene's 1000th game is insufficiently sad to be left un-supplemented in the mandatory posthumous scramble for salacious garnish; we will now be subjected to mourn-ography by Arsene posing as analysis".

AAAARRRRRRGGHHH!

I think it will be unbearable to a lot of viewers.

Well played, Sir.

(stolen for facebook :D)

So many sides have been in free fall since sacking their manager this season. I'm not sure it's a good idea for OGS to lose it on camera and just walk off.

He didn't really lose it, have you watched the video?

He just had no interest in discussing something that is absolutely nothing to do with him.

Rooney's was a great hit, it's not easy to get it on target from that range obviously but yeah Adrian didn't sort his feet out and just gave up on it in the end.

It reminded me a bit of the Xabi Alonso goal a few years back against Newcastle when he hit it from the halfway line and Given just fell over.

I suppose to a degree if you score from the halfway line the keeper is going to be at some sort of fault given the distance.

Â