Weekends football 22/23 March

andykeenan

Arsenal got torn a new one, didn't they?  I didn't catch the game but bloody hell, they look so weak in central midfield compared to Chelsea.  How many times can you see your team lose possession in the centre circle and concede gilt edged chances before you realise it's time to change the system? Before you are 4-0 down would probably the the idea time but bloody hell, Arsenal are looking like us on a particularly bad day here...

"its only a yellow card because it was going wide"

**** me, how has shearer got a job on MOTD? absolute idiot

He is purposely trying to stop a goal by using his hand, I don't understand how it can be anything but a red card.

If you read the rulebook it says it is only a red card if it denies a goal. Blocking a shot going wide is not denying a goal scoring opportunity so is only a yellow card offence.

Shearer is correct, it's you guys who have made the mistake going on the old rule.

I think that's right, it should only be a yellow. Even if his intent was to stop a goal scoring opportunity, at that point it wasn't. Incredibly tough for any ref to tell it was headed wide in real time though, most if not all would produce a red.

same as last week though when shearer claimed bennett should have been sent off because ramires is quicker than vlaar, how is he possibly expecting the ref to see / know stuff like that?

if the ref has a split second to think about it (and it looked like he hadnt seen it and was being told about by someone else, hence why he took so long to give it) if he's unsure then logic would kick in and tell him chamberlain handballed it because it was going in

• Like 1

It looked like it was going in when I saw it, the referee unfortunately doesn't have slow motion vision. Ox has blatantly thought it was going in too, else he wouldn't of done it. 

exactly, if i was the ref and id seen that, even if i thought it was going wide, chamberlain who was better positioned handballing it would make me think it must have been going in

• Like 1

It looked like it was going in when I saw it, the referee unfortunately doesn't have slow motion vision. Ox has blatantly thought it was going in too, else he wouldn't of done it.

exactly, if i was the ref and id seen that, even if i thought it was going wide, chamberlain who was better positioned handballing it would make me think it must have been going in

I also agree, you can't blame the ref for getting it wrong and giving a red. At that pace a lot of people probably thought it was on target.

Â