Weekends football 22/23 March

andykeenan

Jay Rodriguez scores again. Juan Mata nil point for the weekend.

What is your point?

Juan Mata was one of the best players on the pitch last night in their victory, and Jay Rodriguez (the striker) has been good today.

Nil points for Mata? What the hell does that mean?

What is your point?

Juan Mata was one of the best players on the pitch last night in their victory, and Jay Rodriguez (the striker) has been good today.

He only sees things in binary, don't take it literally

What is your point?

He probably didn't have enough 'key passes'.

the phrase nil point comes from the Eurovision Song Contest dunnit. 

shame Rodriguez had to go off with an injury. his goal today puts him on 13 goals 3 Assists: 16 points. Mata in his "great season" set the benchmark at 20 points.  if Rodriguez gets another 4 points you could argue he is worth £38m.

Didn't Mata get 12 league goals and 12 assists for a total of 24 "points"? And to be honest I'm not sure that's how transfer values work.

Premier League only?

http://www.squawka.com/players/juan-mata#total-chances-created#chelsea#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2012/2013#2#all-matches#1-38#type

12 goals 12 assists.

I must have got the 10/10 from somewhere less authoritative. 

That means Rodriguez still has 8 points to find in 7 games. Possible.

Edited by Con

Thanks Davkaus, I had just updated my post.

24 is a significantly higher target than 20. It would help if he got a few more assists.

Run in doesn't look too generous but they are still to play Cardiff at home which could be a hattrick opportunity. 

Great game.

Barca and real are just as bad as each other in terns of dirtiness. Any team with Ramos and Pepe in can't say a word about playing dirty.

But so far the game is a nice reminder of how the game should be played after today.

Â