Weekends football 22/23 March

andykeenan

Just going back to the Arsenal sending off. They will obviously appeal, and win about Gibbs sending off, can the FA then say ok we are going to ban ox instead?

edit, thats a question rather than a statement, I don't know.

Edited by av1

Just going back to the Arsenal sending off. They will obviously appeal, and win about Gibbs sending off, can the FA then say ok we are going to ban ox instead?

Yup. They can, they will, and they have already this season for a lower league incident

Yup. They can, they will, and they have already this season for a lower league incident

thanks for the response mate, i don't really understand the whole retrospective rules.

Which incident was this? I thought they could only hand out bans if the referee says he didn't see an incident, rather than him making an incorrect decision?

Which incident was this? I thought they could only hand out bans if the referee says he didn't see an incident, rather than him making an incorrect decision?

Mate thats why I asked the question because the retrospective rule is abit screwed up at the moment, the ref has acknowledged he made a mistake so I dont know, its a crap rule imo pal.

Mistaken identity is apparently different. They've done it in the PL before for mistaken identity for yellows. The case this season was in a Preston game in November

And from the FA Twitter earlier: 

Clubs can appeal mistaken identity to The FA, although The FA can pro-actively review also. Following a red card clubs can also review possibility of a wrongful dismissal claim to The FA, unless the dismissal is for two yellow cards.

• Like 1

I was under the impression if the ref has dealt with the incident then they can't appeal 

Doesn't apply to mistaken identity

Technically, the referee didnt see Ox handle the ball, so he didn't deal with it. He saw Gibbs handle the ball (though in reality that didn't happen) and he DID deal with that

Â