Weekends football 22/23 March

andykeenan

rooney.gif

Shot on goal 50 yards out under no pressure. He had to try the pot-shot because James Collins was covering. It went in. The ball swerved in the air and deceived the keeper.

Great goal but Delph's required more skill and was a better team goal too.

• Like 1

It was a stunning goal.

If a Villa player scored it who would be blaming the keeper?

I still would. Adrian **** up big time there.

Not that I'd complain of course.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

The vision and ability to pull it off make it a fantastic goal regardless of the keeper's position.

Anyway, I think Kagawa/Mata/Rooney are playing well together, Young is trying to keep up with the pace but doesn't seem to be pulling it off.

• Like 1

I'm sure the keeper will feel he should have done better but the audacity to try a shot from there is enough to catch anyone unawares, that's a part of what made it such a good goal.

forget the media and rooney, watched soccer am, soccer saturday and now the match, sky arent even being shy about their andy carroll agenda

he's **** bang average, made of glass, hardly played all season and plays a style of football that you dont get away with at international level

but he's straight on the plane because sky and the rags wank themselves silly over the traditional english centre forward

its one of the main reasons ive lost interest in the national team

Is it me or is Talkshite match coverage basically 90 minutes of product placement advertising interrupted by the odd bit of commentary? Mind you Five Live is really getting on my wick with them constantly telling me to download their free sports app. Yes I know you do this just stop telling me that!

If anything, it's a hit and hope from Rooney. Keeper gifts it to him by misjudging it completely.

I thought it was great vision, awareness and execution.

Â