Weekends football 22/23 March

andykeenan

That goal from tetty was better than Rooneys

Rooney's goal wasn't even the best goal from halfway this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnhOtPdCQCY

Good hit, but I'm not sure what the other team expected when they decided to put Milner in nets.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

But seriously I don't know why anyone woud want to take anything away from the Rooney goal. It was just a really good goal there is nothing to be done about it.

If say al Weimann scored it the same volume of people wouldn't be saying this and that goal was better. A lot would probably be moaning that he wont' get the credit he deserves and the pundits will blame it on the keeper.

But seriously I don't know why anyone woud want to take anything away from the Rooney goal. It was just a really good goal there is nothing to be done about it.

problem with that is is that it works both ways, it was a really good goal, goal of the season, world class, better than beckham blah blah blah (and that was just from the match commentary, i dont know what the rags are saying it was this morning) it was not

if you have a huge portion of the media ramming it down your throat that it was better than it was then you're bound to get a backlash from fans tipping the balance back to where it realistically belongs, personally i thought it was the 3rd best goal yesterday, its a goalkeeper mistake...

how many of us on here commented that delphs goal wouldnt get the recognition it deserved? and then watched MOTD ask if he meant it?

this with rooney's goal is pandering to the masses

problem with that is is that it works both ways, it was a really good goal, goal of the season, world class, better than beckham blah blah blah (and that was just from the match commentary, i dont know what the rags are saying it was this morning) it was not

if you have a huge portion of the media ramming it down your throat that it was better than it was then you're bound to get a backlash from fans tipping the balance back to where it realistically belongs, personally i thought it was the 3rd best goal yesterday, its a goalkeeper mistake...

how many of us on here commented that delphs goal wouldnt get the recognition it deserved? and then watched MOTD ask if he meant it?

this with rooney's goal is pandering to the masses

At the end of the day it's all up to the individual.

I just thought it was a good goal, Toure's and Tettey's goals were great too.

Â