Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

When did Lambert say Vlaar wasn't for sale?

vlaar delph etc are for sale, villa are a selling club, if spurs came in with 20-25m for the pair randy would get the cheque made out to him.

you can see lanbert presser now.."we thought it was a great deal for a 29year old player in his last year,& the boy delph has been terrific for aston villa"

Spot on because that's exactly what we did with Benteke last year and then he fired them to the title...oh wait sorry we never did sell him! Every club sells players but doing it only when it benefits your club is key and we usually do that.

dont kid you self..RL is on a different page today to last years benteke merry go round,  rl wants rid of villa, he would cash on cb now if he were fit & banged in a few as planned last year

vlaar delph etc are for sale, villa are a selling club, if spurs came in with 20-25m for the pair randy would get the cheque made out to him.

you can see lanbert presser now.."we thought it was a great deal for a 29year old player in his last year,& the boy delph has been terrific for aston villa"

Spot on because that's exactly what we did with Benteke last year and then he fired them to the title...oh wait sorry we never did sell him! Every club sells players but doing it only when it benefits your club is key and we usually do that.

Yeah we've done brilliantly at it in the past, Milner going and getting Ireland, Young going and getting N'Zogbia...

Yeah we've done brilliantly at it in the past, Milner going and getting Ireland, Young going and getting N'Zogbia...

You're forgetting the extra £28m we got and I'm sure when both Ireland and NZogbia were bought they seemed good signings but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Still doesn't take away from the fact we did deals that benefitted the club at the time.

• Like 1

I wonder whether the Stoke fans were laughing at each other when one mentioned they'd been linked to Bojan at Barca.

Are you really equating Bojan's current position to Isco's?

We are more likely to sign Harry Potter or Rumpelstiltskin than Isco.

delph and vlaar for 20 million?! Id take that

delph and vlaar for 20 million?! Id take that

Depends if Lambert gets any of that to replace them.

I wonder whether the Stoke fans were laughing at each other when one mentioned they'd been linked to Bojan at Barca.

I doubt it as we are talking about a guy who hasn't been in the Barça fold for ages and even flopped on loan at Ajax last season. Hardly coup of the century. In fact he should be grateful to Stoke for even giving him a shot in the Premier League.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 3

Are you really equating Bojan's current position to Isco's?

We are more likely to sign Harry Potter or Rumpelstiltskin than Isco.

Nope, not equating anything. I'm just posing a question. Bojan's stock is extremely low right now, but he's still a Barca player and he's still only 23. He's young enough to still have time to achieve some of his potential. I still think him singing will be considered a coup for Stoke.

Hang on a minute, it's been quoted so it looks like I said that.

Singing or signing, I didn't say that, it's not a coup, hardly anyone else was interested. Isco on the other hand would be wanted by almost every major club in Europe.

Edited by ArteSuave