Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Spurs won't sign Vlaar, only way they would sign him is if he was available for say 3 to 5million, Villa will want 10million upwards, cannot see Levy sanctioning a deal for Vlaar who is 29.

He spunked £26m on a 29 year old Soldado.

Whilst he gets good price on his outgoings, Levy is not the genius people make him out to be.

• Like 3

There's no way we'd be after 10m upwards based on Vlaar's performances in his two premiership seasons

What two seasons did he play in the "premiership"?

Is that you Andy Goldstein?

Had to Google, don't get it  :(

Edited by adw95

There's no way we'd be after 10m upwards based on Vlaar's performances in his two premiership seasons

I beg to differ you may not feel he is worth 10million upwards, however to Villa him for a season is worth 10million if he helps them stay up.

• Like 2

What two seasons did he play in the "premiership"?

Is that you Andy Goldstein?

Had to Google, don't get it  :(

Andy Goldstein runs a talksport show. Every time someone calls in and says 'Premiership' he lambasts them.

I want Vlaar to end his career with us. Hopefully we will be firmly back in the top 6 again and competing for trophies by that time.

That's a lot of hope you have!

I want Vlaar to end his career with us. Hopefully we will be firmly back in the top 6 again and competing for trophies by that time.

That's a lot of hope you have!

Top 6 of LG1 and competing for the JPT ;)

Suppose we haven't won that one yet ;)

People would actually take that deal? Replace our best defender with a Mid and way past his best Dawson? No, thank you. That'd mean one of Baker, Clark or Senderos would have to play week in week out with Okore...people really want that? Weaken our already not great defence to improve our midfield slightly? We should only get rid of Vlaar if we can buy a CB at least 85%-90% as good as him. Nothing less. 

I would, because Vlaar will be worth nothing next year unless he signs a new contract. I think Holtby has a lot more to offer and has shown very little so far, he was great in Germany, and Dawson (when fit...) is a good centre back.

The biggest issue is...if Vlaar goes are we serious relegation fodder? A non fit Dawson won't save us.

Oh, I also doubt it's a real offer, perhaps a choice of one or the other but not both, plus our wage structure isnt favourable to big earners.

I know it's how football goes, but I would never sell our best defender just because his contract is up, unless the deal was bloody brilliant...getting Holtby and Dawson isn't. Holtby is a class player, sure, but Dawson is cack and has been for a while now. He's only slightly better than Clark, Senderos and Baker...all of which are not good. I'd much rather take the risk of losing him on a free next summer and hope that new owners come in by Christmas and offer him a decent deal. 

Are we relegation fodder if Vlaar goes? I think with the bomb squad returning and the new players that have been added we've actually got a half decent squad (in terms of staying up) so we'd cope without him, but I'd much rather have him in the back four. 

Seems like Sam Allardyce wants to get rid of Ravel Morrison.

Highly doubt it would happen but I'd love him at Villa. I think he's a really good player, just his attitude can let him down. 

• Like 1

Highly doubt it would happen but I'd love him at Villa. I think he's a really good player, just his attitude can let him down. 

I think he's an incredibly gifted footballer. He just needs someone to get his head straight. If Lambert could do that it would be a stroke of genius, though it's incredibly unlikely. 

Highly doubt it would happen but I'd love him at Villa. I think he's a really good player, just his attitude can let him down. [/quote

If we could get the best out of him he'd be a much better option than Joe Cole in that role. The trouble would be trying to keep the guy on the straight and narrow

The last I heard about Morrison, QPR were meant to be interested in signing him. Seemed to be doing really well before Christmas there was even talk of him making the World Cup squad. Still only 21.

Strange comment from Sullivan on talksport today.

"Sam has said that Ravel Morrison isn't part of his plans next season but he's part of our plans"