Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

People would actually take that deal? Replace our best defender with a Mid and way past his best Dawson? No, thank you. That'd mean one of Baker, Clark or Senderos would have to play week in week out with Okore...people really want that? Weaken our already not great defence to improve our midfield slightly? We should only get rid of Vlaar if we can buy a CB at least 85%-90% as good as him. Nothing less. 

I wouldn't take Dawson either. 

Dawson hasn't been a "good" centre back for a while.

He's been better than Senderos, Clarke and Baker and I think for a team struggling to stay in the league he'd be an asset.

I do understand what you're saying though, he's not been good enough for top 4 challenging Spuds.

You can say that again.

By the way, who's Clarke?

• Like 1

Dawson hasn't been a "good" centre back for a while.

He's been better than Senderos, Clarke and Baker and I think for a team struggling to stay in the league he'd be an asset.

I do understand what you're saying though, he's not been good enough for top 4 challenging Spuds.

You can say that again.

By the way, who's Clarke?

I think he's implying we are signing Peter Clarke from Huddersfield, an experienced defender with PL experience ;)

Speculation!!

What people / journos don't seem to realise is player exchange deals are really rare, I know we did it with baros / Carew but they are few and far between, instantly goes under "bullshit" for me

Spurs just conducted one with Swansea though so it's clearly the type of deal they are happy to engage in.

What people / journos don't seem to realise is player exchange deals are really rare, I know we did it with baros / Carew but they are few and far between, instantly goes under "bullshit" for me

We got Ireland as part of the Milner sale!

Not saying that was a good thing haha.