Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

So now Bennett has gone on loan it frees up another spot for our squad. Hopefully that means another player is inbound soon.

If Bennett goes on loan that means our 25 man squad has 26 players in it so whether we sign any additional players or not at least one player won't be in the team this year.

So now Bennett has gone on loan it frees up another spot for our squad. Hopefully that means another player is inbound soon.

If Bennett goes on loan that means our 25 man squad has 26 players in it so whether we sign any additional players or not at least one player won't be in the team this year.

herd and Stephens won't be in squad for sure

Got a feeling that either Clark or Baker will be loaned out as well depending on the fitness of Okore.

Got a feeling that either Clark or Baker will be loaned out as well depending on the fitness of Okore.

Yep, I think that definitely needs to happen. 5 centre-backs is too many. Send one out with a recall clause or just use Donacien if we really get down to the bare bones.

• Like 2

I don't think they will go on loan. Sale maybe (if find someone stupid enough to take one of them), but I'd imagine they would see themselves as first teamers and too good to go on loan.

Is this definitely the case? I saw someone post the other day a list of current squad and I thought we had 1 or 2 spare as they included a couple that had gone on loan already - I may have counted incorrectly though.

Homegrown:

1. Given

2. Baker

3. Clark

4. Senderos

5. Richardson

6. Hutton

7. Lowton

8. Cole

9. Westwood

10. Delph

11. Herd

12. Gardner

13. N'Zogbia

14. Weimann

15. Agbonlahor

16. Bent

Foreign:

1. Guzan

2. Vlaar

3. Okore

4. Cissokho

5. Stevens

6. Bacuna

7. El Ahmadi

8. Sanchez

9. Benteke

10. Kozak

Thanks ADW95, not a great deal if scope there then. Stevens would be an obvious one, then it's herd, then baker and Clark. Personally reckon though we need to keep hold of one of baker or Clark as cover for CB and LB, the alternative would be to replace them with better versions which does nothing for our required winger?

I reckon we need CB cover as Vlaar cant seem to complete a season, Okore is returning from Injury then there's Senderos whom I'm not sure of track record.

Geoff Cameron apparently having a medical tomorrow according to Twitter

We don't really need another defender. If this isn't BS (like I hope), then I'd begin to think Vlaar was probably on his way.

Geoff Cameron apparently having a medical tomorrow according to Twitter

We don't really need another defender. If this isn't BS (like I hope), then I'd begin to think Vlaar was probably on his way.

Not really. Baker and Clark aren't good enough and we need 4 central defenders.

Cameron and Riise? They'll be busy at BH tomorrow. :) If that's in fact where the medicals are taking place. My guess is that they will probably be drinking their tea and won't see any sign of neither of these boys. :)

• Like 1