Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

We have 27 players in a 25 man squad who would you drop from the squad at this stage?

I'd sell Herd, possibly Clark or Baker (or loan), Bent (in January because Kozak and Benteke are out) and El Ahmadi. 

Also in other news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28854834 

"Koeman was quoted in the Dutch press last week as saying he would "really like" to have the Netherlands defender at Southampton.

"He is disrespecting when talking about other team's players," said Lambert."

Edited by tomh621

Funny how Koeman keeps banging on about how much he wants Ron. But hasn't made a bid. 

Put up or shut up 

What's the minimum you guys would take for Vlaar? Considering he's our captain and probably one of, if not the most important player in our team. I think his value to us at the moment is more than just money at the minute. 

Edit - if he was adamant to leave us that is. Obviously i wouldn't WANT to sell him. 

Edited by tomh621

Koeman has said they are not after a CB now after signing on last week 

Juve who have been linked are now buying Natasic from City 

So his options are getting smaller , as for United them seem only to want to buy ''world class'' players for huge fee's rather than what the team actually needs so I doubt they will be in for him.

I think it's looking likely he will stay now.

On the basis of the last two seasons I'd sell him for about £6m. But I have a feeling he's going to have a huge year of the back of the World Cup, especially as he won't be playing alongside Clark and Baker too much. So yeah - £10m and up. 

£6m in a market where :

Borini is touted at £14m, Forster for £10m, Rodwell for £10m, Livermore for £8m, Snodgrass for £6m, Long for £12m and so on and so on.

Even with a year left on his contract he is worth much more than £6m

• Like 1

Koeman's just trying to unsettle him so that he might ask to leave and put us in a position where we might accept less than a stupid bid.

It won't work, Koeman is a cheating knob, always has been.

He can **** back off to clog-land when he fails miserably at Southampton (I hope)

• Like 2

It will cost a lot of money to replace him so we should be looking for around £15m imo.  I can't think of too many replacements we could get that would be of similar quality for anything less than that.  Anybody any shouts on who we could get to replace him if he goes?

I'd rather just keep him this year and let him go next year if he doesn't sign a contract.

He's not the type to just throw his toys out the pram, if he does, even on a free, no one will want him.

The ball's still in our court.

On the basis of the last two seasons I'd sell him for about £6m. But I have a feeling he's going to have a huge year of the back of the World Cup, especially as he won't be playing alongside Clark and Baker too much. So yeah - £10m and up. 

Agreed. After the world cup and the morale/leadership he provides the team i wouldn't sell for less than 10. 

• Like 1

£6m in a market where :

Borini is touted at £14m, Forster for £10m, Rodwell for £10m, Livermore for £8m, Snodgrass for £6m, Long for £12m and so on and so on.

Even with a year left on his contract he is worth much more than £6m

Borini at 14 mill still makes me laugh!! 

I'd rather just keep him this year and let him go next year if he doesn't sign a contract.

He's not the type to just throw his toys out the pram, if he does, even on a free, no one will want him.

The ball's still in our court

I agree with you that we should just wait it out (if we are not offering a new contract to him at the moment), I think should we do that though he will be very wanted indeed.

When you deal with the one of the best clubs in the world like us, you have to show a certain respect. Having said that it would take more than 10 million to take Vlaar off our hands, we know that clubs like United and Southampton have money to spend. Then again, if we sell him, who do we replace him with? Do we go for an established defender, maybe with similar attributes and style to Vlaar? Or do we go for a younger talented one that will lead for years to come?

Vlaar is our captain, you look at him and you know that he lifts those around him, if he leaves, replacing him becomes the number one priority, we are no longer safe without him.