Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

anyone think another signing will be made before our Newcastle match?

Doubt it.

Why?

Because it's already Tuesday night and there's not really any solid speculation? Anyone we're likely to add at this point won't be ready for Saturday anyway. 

To play Devil's Advocate on Deeney, I don't think it matters that he's a nose. If we'd kept him while he was with us at youth level, and played for the first team, would we care? I know I wouldn't. If anything I would say it would make him more determined to do well, as he'd probably have a section of boo boys on his back, straight away. If Jamie Carragher can play for Liverpool, why can't Deeney play for Villa? At the end of the day, he's a PROFESSIONAL footballer. Now back in the real world, there is absolutely no way in the world we'll spend anywhere near what it would const to bring him in, so you might as well forget about this one straight off.

He is, according to people who know him, as anti villa as "they" get. He'd lose the respect of all of his friends and with Troy Deeney that is more important than his career. Not every footballer is as professional as you'd like to think.

If we were his only option or we were offering him champions league football then maybe. But we're not and we can't. Either way, he's too expensive and not good enough. And he hates the club, which is never a good start!

Again playing Devil's Advocate, could that also be to do with the fact we release him as a kid? I've heard stories the Joleon Lescott lost his love for Villa, because of the way his brother was treated, while with the club. Don't know how true that is, but I can imagine it might have an impact.
It's to do with being from Chelmsley Wood.

It's different when you're a kid, playing for any high level youth team is an achievement. In his case he wasn't released because of lack of talent either.

I'm from Chelmsley Wood, what's your point?

I know his family (met him a few times as well) and some of the generalisations posted in relation to Troy and Chelmsley Wood in general is silly.

Chelmsley Wood is a shit hole full of noses. I'm from Acocks Green, a shit hole full of noses. What's YOUR point?

I wouldn't say full of noses, I actually think it's pretty even. My point is your post seemed derogatory and not adding value to the conversation/thread. What's being from Chelmsley Wood (or anywhere in fact) got to do with being able to do a job for Villa? Surely it should be based on ability and how they are playing?

Doubt it.
Why?

Because it's already Tuesday night and there's not really any solid speculation? Anyone we're likely to add at this point won't be ready for Saturday anyway.

He said add before the game, not to play.

In the Telegraghs article about the new CEO it states lambert wants to add an attacking midfielder and winger before the window closes

Blanco & Gnabry.   We can afford to take a risk on the AMF position imo as we have Cole who is still a quality player and even Zog who could do a good job there if needed.  It's on the wing where we need a quality dynamic player who will cause a lot of trouble for other teams from the get go.  Dunno if Gnabry is the one but he would be coming from the ideal surroundings being an Arsenal player.

Doubt it.
Why?

He said add before the game, not to play.

Yes. You can tell that I was merely adding information in the second sentence by the use of the word "anyway". The first sentence contains a very good reason why we're unlikely (though obviously not totally impossible) to sign anyone before the weekend. 

Anyone else notice Trent has gone a little quiet in saying there's no takeover?!?! He used to come out and burst everyone's bubble every once in a while but nothing lately. This new CEO and signing players on 4 year deals, something's definitely changed.. Trent, I'm calling you out, where arrr yaaaa!

Ps joke

Pps slightly serious tho

• Like 2

Anyone else notice Trent has gone a little quiet in saying there's no takeover?!?! He used to come out and burst everyone's bubble every once in a while but nothing lately. This new CEO and signing players on 4 year deals, something's definitely changed.. Trent, I'm calling you out, where arrr yaaaa!

Ps joke

Pps slightly serious tho

I kind of hoped that people would stop believing these rumors on their own without me having to dismiss them every time :)

As far as I'm aware we aren't sold but this is a transfer speculation thread so lets get back to Deeney the nose shall we.