Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Not sure he's awful but maybe a better option than Baker?

Nah, he is awful.

Almost certainly better than Baker but still awful all the same.

We need to improve on certain players significantly.

So no to Ridgewell, no to Collison, no to Colback and no to any other average english guff.

Lambert spotted in under 21s Scotland v Netherlands match.

Was Ryan Gauld playing? I remember Hairyhands saying that Lambert went to watch him in January too.

Edit: Just checked and he wasn't in the squad.

Edited by Isa

Colback plays right mid so I fail to see how he would be better than Albrighton who we just released on a free. OK colback would be better on the right side of a diamond with delph left of the diamond could work nicely, but our priorities have to be a number ten, and IMO a better defensive midfielder then Westwood. Westwoods a decent player but very average. 

Barry never relied on pace or energy so his age is less of a issue, GB could go on until 36-37 in the premier league and would be an improvement on and would even benefit Westwood's game as Westy could learn from proven quality. Plus he experience and leadership would be a real help. 

Lescott could be the solid left sided centre back we need. With him Vlaar and Okore we would have a very capable central defense. We could go for Bertrand, who would be a decent signing, but for me his attacking play was very average, if the fee's were the same I would be tempted to go for Aaron Cresswell and the lad has a beautiful cross on him, reminds me of Baines (probably not as good though). Could do with a right back too, but not important.

On a budget incomings

Lescott - Most probable signing if the news about accepting 45k wages is true.

Colback - Wages raises big question marks, also if we were to bring in another right back I reckon Bacuna would be a better right mid than him.

Barry - Wage raises big question marks.

Hoolahan - Would Norwich suddenly change their mind and decide to deal with us?

Cresswell / Bertrand - 5 million on a left back seem unrealistic right now.

That would easily keep us up provided our important players stayed fit for most of the season. Plus we have a wild card in Jack Grealish, who looks like a fine prospect (early days mind).

Ideally we get new owners in by the end of July pay off the bomb squad, bring Lescott and Barry in anyway and spend good money on two quality fullbacks and a quality playmaker, plus a quality attacking mid / wideman.

I am pretty sure Jack Colback has never played right midfield in his life. LB,LM and CM.

We have had links before with Aurier last season states here 2 un-named premiership clubs are already in discussions with him!! here's hoping

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646164/Arsenal-face-competition-two-Premier-League-clubs-sign-defender-Serge-Aurier.html#ixzz33VDLVo4P

Arsenal face a battle with two rival Premier League clubs to sign highly rated full-back Serge Aurier.
The Toulouse star, 21, has been heavily linked with a switch to the Emirates Stadium to replace the departing Bacary Sagna.

But the Gunners are yet to make any contact about signing the youngster, who is already in discussion with two unnamed English teams.
Edited by Villan4Life

Hmm maybe some smoke in the Senderos rumours.

That Mirror reporter saying we are going to announce a new defender signing and it made him wince!

Remember the glory days when we were minutes away from getting bought by Larry Ellison.

Yeah.. these ain't those days.

That Mirror reporter saying we are going to announce a new defender signing and it made him wince!

Remember the glory days when we were minutes away from getting bought by Larry Ellison.

Senderos is at Villa Park right now (apparently). Didn't know he is only 29 still, thought he was older.

Edited by samjp26

No.

• Like 1

Sendaros utter shite.Well 100% rules out Lescott.Talk about scraping the barrel ..

He's an upgrade on baker so I'm all for it, decent back up who can come in and do a job for us

Is he back up?

I've seen some weird formations by Lambert over the past two seasons I wouldn't rule him out starting most games. five at the back, 3 at the back whatever you want to call it.

Sendaros utter shite.Well 100% rules out Lescott.Talk about scraping the barrel ..

Doesn't rule out Lescott if Vlaar is off.

Vlaar is off?

Better than Sideshow Baker so an improvement IMO.

Haha agreed

He's an upgrade on baker so I'm all for it, decent back up who can come in and do a job for us

Is he back up?

I've seen some weird formations by Lambert over the past two seasons I wouldn't rule him out starting most games. five at the back, 3 at the back whatever you want to call it.

Good point but I think we've played 4 at the back in the majority of games