Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Daily mail reporting we've joined the hunt for Gary hooper

I really fail to see how a striker is a priority given how many other positions we are weak in. I recognise that Kozak and Benteke may not be fit for the start of the season but it looks like we're going to have Bent back, plus Weimann, Agbonlahor, Bowery, Helenius etc... 

Yes in an ideal world we would strengthen there, but we're clearly not in an ideal world (rather some sort of vision of hell), so I don;t see why would would put a fee up for someone like Hooper when we're so desperately short of quality elsewhere.

Official quote our end:

However, City boss Neil Adams has made it clear to the 26-year-old striker he has a big role to play at Carrow Road next season after a disappointing first year at the club.

“There’s been no transfer request from Gary Hooper,” confirmed Adams. “I spoke to him two days ago and told him he’s one of the players we need to keep. He can score goals, Gary Hooper can. He will be a big part of the squad, along with many, many others.

“So I understand – there’s bound to be this sort of speculation and rumour, and somebody can make a throwaway comment that suddenly becomes national news.

“But Gary Hooper has not handed in a transfer request and I’ve told him I need him here to hopefully be part of pushing this team back into the Premier League, and he was happy with that.”

Shame we'll miss out on the likes of Mutch if he is going for that sort of price, apparently a fair few of the Cardiff players have clauses to get out due to relegation. Yet another summer will go by, where everybody around us will improve and we're still penny pinching once again.

• Like 1

Shame we'll miss out on the likes of Mutch if he is going for that sort of price, apparently a fair few of the Cardiff players have clauses to get out due to relegation. Yet another summer will go by, where everybody around us will improve and we're still penny pinching once again.

Agreed, 1.5m is a steal as well

Olympiakos agreed a fee of 6 million euros for Alfreð Finnbogason! which is around £4.8mil!

Has 59 in 70 at Heerenveen which is better than Bony' 46 in 65 in Holland.

We have been linked with him number times, these are type players we should be going for.

Hangeland released by Fulham - a big yes from me! Certainly a better option to senderos!

Seconded and as i've stated before the club couldn't have timed this sale any worse concerning the quality available this summer for peanuts. 

• Like 1

Hangeland is way past it. His form at Fulham and for Norway this season has proved that. I would say even Baker and Clark are better than him now

Edited by obanken
  • Like 4

Olympiakos agreed a fee of 6 million euros for Alfreð Finnbogason! which is around £4.8mil!

Has 59 in 70 at Heerenveen which is better than Bony' 46 in 65 in Holland.

We have been linked with him number times, these are type players we should be going for.

Another bargain we miss out on, shock.

Hangeland is way past it. His form at Fulham and for Norway this season has proved that. I would say even Baker and Clark are better than him now

Surely he is better than Senderos though...