Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Bertrand going to Hull apparently.

Along with Ashley Williams

Not really that bothered by missing out on Bertrand but the teams around us are strenghtening while we do f all

Not really that bothered by missing out on Bertrand but the teams around us are strenghtening while we do f all

ya berty was pretty poor so doubt ill shed a tear over missing him

Olympiakos agreed a fee of 6 million euros for Alfreð Finnbogason! which is around £4.8mil!

Has 59 in 70 at Heerenveen which is better than Bony' 46 in 65 in Holland.

We have been linked with him number times, these are type players we should be going for.

Another bargain we miss out on, shock.

Exactly, same day as we apparently wanting Gary Hooper who isn't even that good a player/striker, and he will cost more than Finnbogason by least a few million! with Finnbogason a far better all round player! at £4.8mil it's really no brainier. 

The problem is that we don't have much of a story to tell potential new recruits

"come and play at the villa our future is bright "

"sounds good how bright? "

"it's so bright it is like staring into the sun"

"oh so a quick glance at villa's future and you won't be able to see anything at all."

"yep you got it "

Olympiakos agreed a fee of 6 million euros for Alfreð Finnbogason! which is around £4.8mil!

Has 59 in 70 at Heerenveen which is better than Bony' 46 in 65 in Holland.

We have been linked with him number times, these are type players we should be going for.

Another bargain we miss out on, shock.

Exactly, same day as we apparently wanting Gary Hooper who isn't even that good a player/striker, and he will cost more than Finnbogason by least a few million! with Finnbogason a far better all round player! at £4.8mil it's really no brainier.

I actually think Garry Hooper is a very good striker. He will be 5 million and is allot better than Finnbogason imo

I don't normally suggest Czech players, but Josef Husbauer is definitely a good player that Lambert should be looking at. Scored 18 goals from midfield and was voted the player of the season. He has done well for the Czech national team lately and looks like he can become a very good player. I am sure we could get him for less than 5 million euro easily.

Players like Darida, Jiracek, and Pilar all played in the Czech league then switch over to the Bundesliga and did not look out of place, but Husbauer has had an even better season than all of them when they played in Czech. He can be that attacking mid we have been looking for and fit the club's tiny budget.

I know we've not got much / any cash to spend, but I wouldn't be against us signing Jordan Mutch and Gary Hooper.

Mutch looks like a cracking little player, and if it's true that he's available for £1.5m, that's a bargain. As for Hooper, yeah it's another striker, but he's got good movement off the ball so would actually work quite well for us.

I'm aware neither of these will happen, so I'm gonna pretend we're signing Adam Lallana to make me feel better.

Where's this Joey Barton bollocks coming from?

Isn't he on about £60k a week at QPR? Yeah I'm sure we'd match that...

Silly rumour and on them wages no way will that happen

Such is the problem of being in the midst of a sale... if we are actually in the midst of one.

Bertrand and Williams though, solid signings for Hull. Don't know why the latter would move from Swansea to Hull, unless they're paying significantly more.

20 years ago we bought:

Savo Milosevic (3.5m)

Gareth Southgate (2.5m)

Mark Draper (3.25m)

It's shocking to think that we're unlikely to purchase anyone costing as much as any of them this summer

20 years ago we bought:

Savo Milosevic (3.5m)

Gareth Southgate (2.5m)

Mark Draper (3.25m)

It's shocking to think that we're unlikely to purchase anyone costing as much as any of them this summer

So sad, yet so true.

I think we'll see at least 1 more permanent signing yet though, but only on a free. Then possibly a loan from a bigger club, maybe Spuds.