Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

4 - Aston Villa have scored four first-half goals in a Premier League game for only the second time ever (also v Wimbledon in Feb 95).

Amazing stat.

Cannot believe how we turned it round after one of the most mediocre opening 15 minutes I have seen from us.

Same urgency in the second half - you never know with this Villa team.

• Like 1

Such a shame we can't be more consistent. This just shows we have got a decent game in us.

As you say - consistency. We do have a good game in us, unfortunately it's a good game in 10 (maybe less than 10). The one thing is that they do seem to come along at the right time and just prevent us from getting in to deep trouble.

4 - Aston Villa have scored four first-half goals in a Premier League game for only the second time ever (also v Wimbledon in Feb 95).

Amazing stat.

Cannot believe how we turned it round after one of the most mediocre opening 15 minutes I have seen from us.

Same urgency in the second half - you never know with this Villa team.

We need to be focused when we come out. Otherwise I can see a Norwich goal within 5 minutes and we do not want that.

Not quite the same, but this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7008206.stm

Look what happens when you give the team freedom, install confidence and stop the hoof ball.

more like.  look what happens when we score a goal out of nothing, young players come alive and start to believe in themselves!    

We were playing crap til we scored.

• Like 1

Well we know how much we like to just have 1 good half

So I'll be very interested to see how we play in the second half

Hughton was fuming and I wouldn't be surprised to see Norwich at least grab a couple in the second half

If we keep it the same until 60 mins ill be more confident

I need to give up my season ticket. When I don't go we score loads (I missed Sunderland last yr)

Yes please do

Not a ST holder this yr but have missed city, wba and today. 'Enjoyed' the delights of Palace, Sunderland, West Ham, Shef Utd et al. Serves me right I suppose by being a part timer.

El Ahmadi made that goal. Won the ball 3 times in under 30 seconds.

He's absolutely everywhere today.  Superb.

Benteke will grab the headlines for his two goals (and rightfully so I suppose) but KEA has been the best player on the park imo. Absolute beast today.