The Boring Thread

Spoony

Actually I did order the faster processor than the base model, and I remember the delivery date going out by a week because of that. So maybe the base model would have come from closer to home, but when they add stuff it has to be customised.

I found it vaguely interesting to follow it's journey though

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Actually I did order the faster processor than the base model, and I remember the delivery date going out by a week because of that. So maybe the base model would have come from closer to home, but when they add stuff it has to be customised.

I found it vaguely interesting to follow it's journey though

I used Amazon now service when it launched (as it had a £10 off offer) and it was really cool watching the parcel on the tracker leave Birmingham and come up the M42 and round my town to my house.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

McVities have reduced the number of jaffa cakes in a packet from 12 to 10 (24 to 20 in the twin packs). 

This is wrong; I always eat jaffa cakes four at a time. Five is too many, three not enough. 

Therefore I will be boycotting the McVities version in future, and have embarked on a sampling project of various supermarkets' generic brands (all of which are still adhering to the correct 12/24 standard). 

So far, I have tried:

Aldi - slightly smoother, darker chocolate, more intense orange flavour - but also a tad smaller. 

Morrisons - somewhere between the McVities and the Aldi in style. Currently my leading contender. 

I have an unopened packet of Lidl JCs in the cupboard, next up for tasting. I will report back. 

• Like 2

You could buy 2 packets and it solves your problem?

Although I guess it is a boycott on principle now as a stand against corporate greed :)

3 hours ago, Xela said:

You could buy 2 packets and it solves your problem?

Although I guess it is a boycott on principle now as a stand against corporate greed :)

I have of course considered the lowest common denominators and highest common multiples, whereby I could buy two twin packs of 20, giving me 40 JCs, 10 x 4 JC servings. But some of these would cross over the cellophane tube threshold, causing considerable inconvenience. So, no, McVities, I'm done with you. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for not keeping you all up to date on my jaffa cake research. I do hope you are not cross with me for the delay. You may recall that the current league leaders are Morrisons jaffa cakes, due to their competitive price, and correct use of twelve-cake tubes, rather than the frankly unacceptable switch to tens perpetrated by McVities. Well, I have even better news. I have now sampled the even cheaper (currently 89p for 12) Morrisons Savers version, and I am delighted to announce that, despite the utilitarian packaging, they are exactly the same. I will be stocking up. Thank you for your attention. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I hit pause on a Netflix show, exactly half way through, to the second. Never done that before. 

Can I have your autograph? 

I once finished exactly halfway down the field in a ten mile race. There were 326 runners ahead of me and 326 behind. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Can I have your autograph? 

I once finished exactly halfway down the field in a ten mile race. There were 326 runners ahead of me and 326 hehind. 

That is FAR more impressive Mr Mooney. 

I must admit, I was rather more excited than I should have been about the pause thing. I even called my 20 year old lad down to show him

mandems not impressed apparently. 

• Like 1

Â