The Boring Thread

Spoony

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've had my phone for 3 and a half years now, before that I was upgrading every 3-6 months so I must have saved a fortune. I'm going to keep it until it breaks and see hoiw long I can get out of it. Apart from a few scuffs on the  sides, it still looks pretty much brand new.

No idea how long I've had the number for. At least 12 years.

The longest I had a phone was just over 4 years. It was the battery lasting 3 hours in the end that made me change it.

Fortunately mine has a user replacable battery. I could easily see me getting another couple of years out of it. So I'm probably going to drop it down the toilet tomorrow. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Fortunately mine has a user replacable battery. I could easily see me getting another couple of years out of it. So I'm probably going to drop it down the toilet tomorrow. 

Then shit on it for good effect?

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Anybody had one of the new £1 coins yet? I haven't had one of the new £1 coins yet.

I haven't had the new £1 either. 

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I used to get a new phone then be bored after 4-6 months and change it. I got an iPhone 6s (first ever non Android) 6 months ago and can't see a need to change it, really pleased with it.

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Anybody had one of the new £1 coins yet? I haven't had one of the new £1 coins yet.

I predict the cashless society will lag (slightly) behind the paperless office in it's inception and eventual worldwide adoption.  Good news for beggars,  bad news for trees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Day 9 of the new pound coin:

Still not seen a new pound coin.

some people actually queued up to get one on release day.

That annoys me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I assume we'll be getting rid of this newfangled decimal currency after Brexit? 

How will advertisers pay for VillaTalk when we go back to barter?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've got one but it's currently on eBay for sale.  I'm selling it for face value.

Delivery costs ?

Did you factor that into the face value somehow ? Clever if you did with the volatile currency rates.  Good stuff though.

Coins should have Lego studs on them. Instead of loose change in your pocket you could have a roll of coins. 

Great for the elderly. Keep 1 weeks pension with you in the shape of a walking stick. 

Trust me................this one's a winner. 

• Like 4

Â