The Boring Thread

Spoony

My work shoes offer great support, but they aren't particularly comfortable. I really enjoy removing them when I get home, and putting on my dusty old work boots.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 00:58, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't get me started on bin men.

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 07:50, Genie said:

Just polished off the last of the Christmas shortbread.

If you scroll up and skim read page 116, it sounds like somebody has polished off the bin men.

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 12:16, Xela said:

I hate that advert. 

Me too, but mainly because there's more than a passing resemblance between me and that guy.

• 1 month later...

Just had a legitimate reason to use my step ladders (they're not my real ladders) for the first time, to change a light bulb. I feel like such a bloody bloke!

7 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Just had a legitimate reason to use my step ladders (they're not my real ladders) for the first time, to change a light bulb. I feel like such a bloody bloke!

My step ladders are stored next to my wheely bins so I can easily climb in and squash the rubbish down to make more space.

Just now, Genie said:

My step ladders are stored next to my wheely bins so I can easily climb in and squash the rubbish down to make more space.

I would say that's genius, but how do you then get out the bin?

11 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I would say that's genius, but how do you then get out the bin?

It doesn't compress down that far, just enough to get another bin bag in. I can then comfortably step back onto the step ladder.

Im feeding my 6 year old son up so he can replace me in a few years time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It doesn't compress down that far, just enough to get another bin bag in. I can then comfortably step back onto the step ladder.

Im feeding my 6 year old son up so he can replace me in a few years time.

Fair do then, that's genius.

• Like 1

Got a new mattress today off some Del Boy type. The old one is outside awaiting to be taken away Monday in the work van. By request of my other half I had to make sure it was the bottom side facing. Covered in Piss  and blood stains :D

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got a new mattress today off some Del Boy type. The old one is outside awaiting to be taken away Monday in the work van. By request of my other half I had to make sure it was the bottom side facing. Covered in Piss  and blood stains :D

@limpid we need an emotion for posts like this...

Just been for a run, I had to run along a grass verge to let this guy and his dogs pass. 

Instead of the usual "cheers mate" he tipped his hat. I don't think I've ever had someone doth their cap or otherwise to me before. 

Made me momentarily feel like a Jane Austen heroine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don't think I've ever had someone doth their cap or otherwise to me before.

Or doff :):thumb:

• Like 1

Â