• Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Did shearer actually say 'what is suarez supposed to do, stay on his feet?'

Well yes you bald shit shirt wearing clearing in the woods!

Well apparently there was contact from Guzan's elbow with Suarez' right leg, which meant Suarez had to lift his left leg into the air and screw up his face in agony while falling.

• Like 2

Watched the game from the Kop so was very weird for me, thought we were really good 1st half and the Pool fans around me were crapping themselves, rightly so. Just like us to concede before half time.

Heard a lot about how good the atmosphere is in the kop but the place doesn't compare to the Holte on todays performance.

all in all a point I really wasn't expecting so happy even if we got robbed l

69% said Yes haha, apparently that is "our prerogative", Lineker then quickly moved on with a scowl on his face. He actually seems really offended, what a clown, no respect for him at all any more.

I didn't have any respect for him to begin with.

Reactions to the DIVE of some of the retards on Rawk.

Played for it, looked for it, keeper fell for it. Penalty.

Yet another game where he gets the shit kicked out of him and the refs give him no protection. The club really need to have rustle some feathers over this. He's getting no protection whatsoever. That elbow in the side of the head and knee into the lower back/backside were the two most blatant examples.

If a goalkeeper is **** stupid enough to come charging out, expect a forward to try and take advantage of it. 

Look like we have some more media outrage coming our way, i'm not **** arsed if it was a dive to be honest. He gets the shit kicked out of him every game and gets **** all from the refs. I hope he keeps **** diving just to piss everyone off, c*nts  swanker.gif

Liverpool fans really are a bunch of deluded inbred arseholes aren't they?

agree about goals on sunday, strangely if Kammy says its a penalty id expect him to give a decent supporting arguement that i actually respect rather than the petty rubbish lineker came out with and the drivel shearer offered

as for protecting suarez, its like they've never noticed skrtels antics, he's like an octopus at set pieces all over the man he is marking, every week, watch the bacuna "handball" look at skrtels forearm wrapping round the back of his head

agree about goals on sunday, strangely if Kammy says its a penalty id expect him to give a decent supporting arguement that i actually respect rather than the petty rubbish lineker came out with and the drivel shearer offered

as for protecting suarez, its like they've never noticed skrtels antics, he's like an octopus at set pieces all over the man he is marking, every week, watch the bacuna "handball" look at skrtels forearm wrapping round the back of his head

Yep, not forgetting the amount of times Benteke was leaned into and kneed in the back or all the diving that precocious little shit Raheem Sterling seemed to do when he got near the penalty area. 

The thing is, I can see why it was given as a penalty from the referee's view, it is quite obvious why he gave it actually. What I can also see from the camera angles we get is that it is a blatant dive from Suarez.

oh i can see why he gave it, i dont think ive seen anyone suggesting the ref was shit either, pretty much all the vitriol is aimed at suarez

which is also why i dont see why they wont at least consider retrospective punishment, if suarez was to now get a ban would anyone question the ref? i certainly wouldnt, he's been conned, not his fault

only way to stop it

That Guardian match report is laughable. Shocked that we can play well and mocks our away kit. Really? Grow up.

The fundamental problem with punditry and many sports journalists is there is inability to to challenge these obvious dives for fear of upsetting the big clubs. Rather than criticise Suarez, it's "well, what did you expect?", "silly Guzan", or "Suarez knows what to do in these situations". It's pathetic.

It was absolutely disgusting build up to the match also on Sky. Jamie Redknapp was saying Villa's defence would not be able to sleep last night in fear of Suarez and Sturridge, basically Villa were like a non league on a big day trip out to mighty Anfield. I was disappointed with Petrov pandering to Sky's Liverpool agenda, I expected better from him.

• Like 2

Wish I went up now, it always the ones you miss which are the crackers. Why cant we play anything like this at home? Although letting 2 from 2 up is a bit of a let down, it is still a good result and good peformance. It was a dive and what was shearer rambling on about I do not know. That is why his management record is of taking newcastle down 5 years and sweet fa since.

10th after 24 games played (and its still not january, why can't the fixtures be more evenly spread out so more matches when we have daylight?!) is a decent return, but lets not kid ourselves we are still much nearer the bottom than even the top 8. I hope lambert works them hard with the week 'off' next due to our excuse of a peformance in the cup, and lets hope we can have another late season finish like last year. UTV.

Forgive me for sounding bemused but aren't we supposed to be a counter-attacking team?! I only ask as today I saw a Villa side take the game to the opposition. If we do this more often, especially at home, then we really do have a base to build from.

Special mention to Bertrand. Signed 48 hours ago, thrown straight in. Tekka bo son.

• Like 1

And i thought we were great second half. In the past we'd had crumbled after that shit penalty decision and goal. But we didn't. We stood firm and actually looked bloody goo when we went forward. Losing Gabby didn't help us as the balance of the team went. Holt did fine when he came on but we lost the formation and balance we had. But we were pretty decent second half after a superb first half where we could have been 4-0 up easily. Very proud of the team tonight.

I am all for free speech but how on earth has someone said the Managers tactics were 'very poor' .???

That'll be KHV lol :)

I voted poor , the starting lineup was good, but swapping Holt for Gabby simply destroyed the way we were playing, after that we did well to play as high as we did, should have been Albrighton on for Gabby since  he has the speed and can be a playmaker, Holt would have been a better substitution for Tekkers (if that had been required which it was not).

And when he brought on Luna ... not sure if Bertran had a problem or not, I reached for my cuddly toy and sat in the corner .. I want to Love Luna but every game, every game [excluding Arsenal Away], he gives away dangerous passes , he only had time for one stuff up this time which thankfully we got away with.

Otherwise :) was like watching a different team today (yesterday for you) loved it, and not our usual on the break away style... perhaps we will try something different at home now ?

Hope that special place is getting prepared for Suarez... I would like to say you can't blame the ref since he may or may not have the best view but seriously don't they ever watch other games ? don't they know he is a cheating scumbag [which diminishes his brilliance] ? , have they not seen the countless dives and hoe-and-away acting ?, did the ref not see the great big smile on his smug capybara-like face, arms open wide celebrating that he got a penalty, NOT 'ref I think thats a pen' , seriously whats the IQ of some of these refs?

Anyway, an away point I would have paid for though I think our biggest issue was not the Suarez penalty but the Holt substitution which made no sense in this situation, don't get me wrong, would love to see him get some time but this wasnt it.

Â